• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Treadmill advice

Prane

Due to time constraints i can't consistently go to the gym anymore so i'm buying a power rack, weights, bar, bench, 12kg pair chains, bands, gym flooring, kettlebells etc...

I'm not a big fan of using the Treadmill at the gym because i use my 30-45 mins to do weights, I have been running twice a week for the last 2 months and the weather in Tasmania really screws me over, i have gotten sick twice due to running in the rain etc ( yeah i know stupid ).

I don't want to spend $2k on a treadmill as my main focus is putting on muscle but i saw 2010 NEW TREADMILL,USA LEESON Motor,Foldable Treadmill (eBay item 280532477324 end time 07-Dec-10 22:00:08 AEDST) : Sport

$399 + $100 postage

I'd really want it for jogging/running is 13M/HR too slow?
This is not a essential item at the moment but i'd like to be able to run in winter when i want to, not be dictated by the weather

TLDR:

Is it worth purchasing a "cheap" treadmill?
is 13M/HR too slow?
What sort of maintenance does a treadmill require?
Life expectancy?
If it breaks how much does it cost to fix?
I'm 6"3 100kg is there a size difference in treadmills, will it be big enough?

I really want to spend under $800 on a treadmill if i buy one

Is it worth purchasing a "cheap" treadmill?
is 13M/HR too slow?
What sort of maintenance does a treadmill require?
Life expectancy?
If it breaks how much does it cost to fix?
I'm 6"3 100kg is there a size difference in treadmills, will it be big enough?

I really want to spend under $800 on a treadmill if i buy one
Pay peanuts, u get monkeys.
Yes it is too slow.
Not much.
It really depends on the motor.
Probably alot. Motor would break first I reckon.
Yes there is a size difference. At 6'3" you'd need a near commercial treadmill to accomodate your gait.

Do u really need a treadmill? Are u training for a running event? Or is it merely for 'cardio'? If it's the latter there are a million other things u could do if it's raining. Eg. 20mins of burpees. I can guarantee you'll be feeling it the next day.

Why do you want to run?

I enjoy going for a run 1-2 times a week, this treadmill is not just for me, that being said i would like the capability of actually using it.

I don't really want to exceed $800 so i might just stick to what I got

Was just an idea, thanks for everyone's replies.