• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do long-distant relationships work?

Alpha Moth

I met a girl in Germany, we've been together for around 10 months. I visited her in January this year, and she came here in August.

Has anyone here met a girl from the other side of the world and made it work? I hope to go there again in February next year for a working holiday year, then I guess we'll see after the year what we will do. If I can't go I guess I'll end it which is pretty depressing. If I go it means I'll be putting study off for another year (still have no damn idea what I want to do) and I have no future planned yet for myself. I can also study overseas if it needs be.

What you guys think I should do? I really like this girl, and I'm willing to live overseas, but I have no idea what to do.

Anyone else made it work?

Those who have been through long distance relationships commonly refer to it needing an 'end point' - a clear point in time where the relationship will become a 'normal' distance relationship.

If I was in your position and it was a serious option, I would pick moving to Europe. But I would do it for more than a girl (as in I would actually love to live in Europe, hot German girl or not).

in most cases they dont work.

If you are serious, then look into moving overseas. But bear in mind if it all falls in a heap, you'll be in a foreign country with very little to no support network. Its a gamble, are you willing to place the bet?

One of you have to make the move. If that doesn't happen it will fail.
Don't worry about the study so much. You can do that whenever.

If you like her, have a go. Worse case scenario, you had an awesome holiday with a great girl that fell through.

I followed a girl to japan. It didn't work out, but I wouldn't do it any different if I ha my time over. Germans are actually super nice people too. You'll make plenty of friends over there, so it's not like you won't have a support network if it doesn't happen.

In the end, Germanys less than a days flight... You'll never be too far away.

I lived in Germany for a year so I have a life/friends there. I love it there and will go back regardless of the girl for some time.

Oli I met her in Germany when I lived there. It was actually a language exchange partner, I visited Berlin and we met up and yea it turned into more.

Dude go. If you dont have a degree/kickass job here why stay?

This is something you'll think 'what if' for for the rest of your life. Just go for it, i would.

True man I got no ties here, besides my gym LOL, I'll let my friend mind it and if I don't come back I'll sell it... grrr.

I was thinking of studying overseas, in Germany it's free. I just don't think my German is good enough for that, maybe in 1-2 years.. I definitely meet the requirements but I don't think I can write very good essays. The girly wants to work in the UK so I could study there when she works.

I was thinking of going back in February, I've got a job and been busting my ass to save (I work in a kitchen so I eat all my shift for free ahah)

I just also feel kind of lost because I have no idea what I will do with my life.

I was thinking of studying overseas, in Germany it's free.

If you have more info on this (is it free for anyone with an EU passport/EU citizenship?) lemme know. It is relevant to my interests :D

As far as being lost goes - pursue things that interest you, even if only hypothetically. You'll figure it out. The idea that you need to know what your career is going to be by the time you graduate highschool or whatever is retarded.

It's free for everyone i think. You just need to show proof of funds for first years stay and speak german, unless it's an english course. I have the articles somewhere, but it's in German. Oh and pay admin fees, which is around 350 euros. I know there is german site for english ex-pats with threads about it, toytowngermany.com

Personally...long distance doesn't work. It just doesn't. But if you've got the resources and means to be with her. Go for it.

DUDE,

TAKE THE SHOT!

As someone has already said don't move just
for the gal - although that's a big chunk of
it.

Make sure you plan to study/work or visit europe
for the time you are there. That way not too
much pressure on either of you and worst case
you can move on quicker.

I moved to London and worked and lived for 12
months in 2007. Best thing I've done!

Devante.

What do you do for sex in between lengthy separations?

Yes I know, if you love some one you don't cheat, but how would you cope?

Do long-distant relationships work?
Yes but only if you and your partner accept nothing less. People have been known to move heaven and earth to be with the person they feel most comfortable with. Distance, time, and space have never been known to cause obstacles under these deep and most powerful circumstances.

Communication and learning as much about the background of the person you would like to be with is one of the most solid foundation that successful relationships are built upon. Rushing into building before the ground work is completed is a recipe for disaster. So take your time and study this most crucial issue from different angles before you commit.

Fadi.

My girlfriend has done a few 7 month contracts in Tokyo working for disneyland. It can be pretty hard work to keep it together and draining at times but it can work. I guess with us we knew that after 7 months she'd be back again so there was a time frame.

Personally I found one of the hardest things to be dealing with the negative attitude other people have about your relationship. One night out a lady who worked with one of my mates asked me if I was going to cheat that night because my girlfriend was probably doing the same. Made me furious, what a retarded thing to say to someone, she didn't even know my gf. Brush it most of the time, but gets to you sometimes.

Also 7 months of fapping is lame.

I spent away form the Mrs for 6 months in Adelaide a few years back..I must admit it felt good flying solo again after 5 years of marriage. Would do it again for sure..hahahaha I'm a bad man...

Alpha, it doesn't hurt to go over and give it a shot, but you might want to consider what's going to happen if it does go well with her. You prepared to live over there indefinitely with her? If not, would she want to come and live here with you?

I wouldn't let that hold you back, just something to consider long-term if things do progress. My then gf was faced with the same scenario 15-odd years ago and chose to stay here and continue being wooed by my considerable charms rather than return to her family. She probably secretly regrets every day of the last 15 yrs, but that's another story.... :D