• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ebagz future home gym

ebagz

Hi guys I'm hoping to get a setup at home, im moving houses end of next month or start of jan and providing there is a nice space and the wifey approves i'll start training at home. Looking to make a purchase mid - late jan if all goes well..

Im looking at this:
Hardcore home gyms equipment | Hardcore gym equipment - - Hardcore Free Weight Gym

or this:
7 Package Deal_ Commercial Power Rack + Bench + Heavy Duty Olympic Bar + 175kg Rubber Olympic plates

I like the in built pulley and the DB's on the powertec pack but I would need a couple more 20 plates

I like the mm rack, id also get the 120kg DB set, not sure about whether I would get a pulldown or not. probly not.. and probly get a lil more weight

Any other suggestions or any opinion welcome.. churs

The boss will move it.

Definately the second, its actual commercial gear. Dont get a lat pulldown because pull ups do their job only better. If you have any left over moneys get:
- adjustable dumbells (I like the rubbers because theyre quieter and do less damage to the floor)
- an ez curl (skullcrushers brooo)
- an incline bench (the MM commercial one looks great)
- Upgrade to an ABC powerlifting bar

Then youd basically have a commercial gym minus the machines.

Yeah everyone on here loves the gymdirect mm stuff so probably go that way.. just wondering what you or anyone think of the adjustable flat incline bench as im more of an all in one kinda guy..

id prefer rubber db but they only go upto 40kg the metals go upto 57.5kg
ezy curl bar yes
not sold on the abc bar though im quite happy with the 1500lb oli
Some bands would be cool also.

Hopefully theres a nice space at the new place and the wifey has given pre approval already so fingers crossed

I don't own the adjustable personally but the general consensus is that they're too high and narrow in the flat position to be your main bench.

You could also buy longer handles for your dumbells or have them made up yourself. I really like the rubbers.