• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What else do i need?

SKitz

Hey all.
Just wondering, apart from some dumbells, is there anything other than this "home gym" i should have?

Hpe i attached it correctly

Attachments

• WeightBench.jpg
    WeightBench.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 86
- A power rack
- An olympic barbell
- a flat bench
- a chinning bar

better question: what does it HAVE?

it has the bar for benchig, then there is the pull down bar that has a wide bar and a short 1. then it also has the leg weight bits.

Unless you've never worked out before and your 10 years old that weight stack is ridiculously light weight.. even if you are 10 and have never worked out your going to need more weight after probably 3 months max.. I agree.. scrap it and start again..

it was a freebie thats the only reason i got it.
ok if i had nothing, what equipment would be decent to start with?
benchpress and dumbells are the obvious choices, do i really need anything else?

I know this equipment seriously sucks, i was just given some dumbells so im using them also.
my main problem is im on unemployment due to my back so i cant really afford to go and buy any new equipment yet..
do you know of any budgett stores in SA?
and do you think i will get ANY improvements from using it?

skitz there are a tonne of bodyweight, sprinting and sandbag drills you can do at home that will get you fit but if you want to add muscular bodyweight they are no alternative to proper gym equipment that includes an olympic barbell.

If a $400 yearly gym membership and proper food is not feasible right now I'm sorry to say but you have bigger issues than weightlifting equipment that you need to deal with.

I disagree. Bodyweight exercise is incredibly underrated and can be just as effective for building mass as any barbell exercise.

Thanks mike, ill have a look.
I know Mr Universe got his mass and strength from doing resistance training WITHOUT weights..

Tonight i decided to improvise to be able to do more lifts.
I used a long steel pole and had car tyres hanging off the ends for squats and DL..

not all that heavy but better than nothing right?

and i managed to push myself to lift over the weights i could when i started, and quite comfortably after i had finished the rest of my workout

Firstly your phys ed teacher is a clown, secondly there have been many Mr Universe's so which one was he specifically referring to?