• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Buying a quality sled/prowler

I think SB or PB put a DIY article up not long ago.

You could seriously make one of those for under $20

So i think having my own sled at home would be great, i could do some sled pulls often and also conditioning work:

Where would i go about buying a value for money sled/prowler?

Underground Elite:
Underground Elite :: Sleds & Accessories

Gymdirect:
Heavy Duty Sled
Speed Sled _ Drive Sled

To be honest it all looks a bit expensive! Where do you recommend to buy a sled/prowler?

Thanks in advance.

Obviously there is a conflict of interest with me providing my recommendation (being that i am one of the listed suppliers). I don't like to see people get ripped off or end up with dud products - this is why we don't stock junk to make a quick buck.
I can safely say our weight sled (http://www.undergroundelite.com.au/Weight-Sled.html) is built to endure all types of pulling/dragging on any surface be it grass or concrete. It is 5mm thick versus 3mm of our competitors. Can hold up to 140kg (depending on plate width).
Give me a call or flick me an email and i can do a deal on one if you are interested.

Best of luck.
Nick

There was a nice wooden DIY prowler on rosstraining (thank you Silverback). If you want to make one give it a look. If not I like the underground one too, just a tad expensive.

If you just want a cheap sled you can dismantle a wheelbarrow, attach some straps, chuck some weight plates in and away you go.

have we decide on a good prowler? my family wants ideas of gifts for my birthday, a prowler/sled could be a good addition.

im leaning towards the Underground but the rock solid one loods good as well.

I emailed rock solid about a rack once, they wanted to charge me $2K for a non commercial one.

Maybe their prowler prices are better, idk...

I hope so, i just sent an email.

undergounds is $429, but shipping will be $100. I could probably drive to rock solid and pick it up so that may sway my decision.

i went with the cheaper alternative, the weighted sled from underground elite. purchased some other stuff like knee sleeves and pullup bands, should be arriving this week.

i'll let you know how that is, sure it's no prowler but it'll still be one heck of a workout.

I got my punisher/prowler yesteday from rock solid. looks gangster. ive done a few runs with no weight and i could feel the lactic acid starting to flow. it was $440 looks like great quality. I look forward to getting owned by it on wednesday.

I got my punisher/prowler yesteday from rock solid. looks gangster. ive done a few runs with no weight and i could feel the lactic acid starting to flow. it was $440 looks like great quality. I look forward to getting owned by it on wednesday.

which model was it?

the standard. the heavy duty was $200 more i think. its just me and my friends using it so there was no need to get the heavy duty.