• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Speed Dating

BiggerFaster

Site Advertiser
Hi Guys & Gals,

I would hope most of you know me from the sponsors corner with Universal Health and Fitness if not check it out ;)

Im just out of a long term relationship 5 years and the one before that was 6 years im only 29. Anyway im finding it difficult to adjust to single life if that makes sense??
Most fridays and weekends im just out getting smashed with my mates from work, i never use to do this and its not like we are out late either because there all married. So when we are out there partners are with us wich is awsome because we all get along really well.

I guess what im finding hard is approaching girls and things to talk about.
Because the last 11 years ive been in volved with someone else the things that have been interesting and would talk about i have shared them with someone else.

Any of this making sense ?

So i was thinking of trying out one of those speed dating things, ive been wondering what type of girls go to them. Are they attractive ? what are they there for ?
Anyone ever speed dated before?

And just for reference the girls i have been picking up latley have been very nice but are either engaged ( i didnt know) or have a BF ( i didnt know) it seems all the good ones are taken.

give it a burl and see what happens , not sure what sort of girls it attracts , what i see on tv when they doing things on speed dating it is usally attractive proffession type , but they aren't really going to show you the bingo junkie hitting up the speed dating scene

Just enjoy being on your own for a while and get comfortable. Then try not to hit on the taken ones.

lol i hit on a type thats for sure usually tall blonde attractive athletic. And they all seem to be taken hhmmm

I want to give it a go. But id be going by myself but i guess mose people there wouldnt know anyone as thats the point.

I prefer cute brunette 'girl next door' types. Good luck on your quest, for every decent guy out there there is a decent girl thinking the same thing. However, I find girlfriends come along when you least expect it. not that I'm an expert, not now at least! struggle town lol

I agree with Dave you need to learn to be yourself again otherwise you will take baggage to your next one. I always gave myself a time limit. 1 year the first breakup and 6 months with my second. With the tine limit I found myself not worrying about it because I set myself that standard. Messy rebounds are the worst.

lol i hit on a type thats for sure usually tall blonde attractive athletic. And they all seem to be taken hhmmm

I want to give it a go. But id be going by myself but i guess mose people there wouldnt know anyone as thats the point.

Who cares what type of gals go there mate?

Just go and 'experience' it. After 11yrs it will take a while
to adjust.

How about a dancing club? You'll shed a few kgs and meet some chicky babes. Make sure to post vids of your moonwalk, robot and cha-cha-cha!
Post copied and pasted from other thread

Yeah ive had a few bad rebounds so far there stalkers lol it seems they all want a relationship ?? Im not ready for something that serious although they were strippers mayb im going through a stripper stage :(

I'd be too much of a smartarse for speed dating

"What do you do for a living?"
me "a fair amount of breathing."

Hi Guys & Gals,

I would hope most of you know me from the sponsors corner with Universal Health and Fitness if not check it out ;)

Im just out of a long term relationship 5 years and the one before that was 6 years im only 29. Anyway im finding it difficult to adjust to single life if that makes sense??
Most fridays and weekends im just out getting smashed with my mates from work, i never use to do this and its not like we are out late either because there all married. So when we are out there partners are with us wich is awsome because we all get along really well.

I guess what im finding hard is approaching girls and things to talk about.
Because the last 11 years ive been in volved with someone else the things that have been interesting and would talk about i have shared them with someone else.

Any of this making sense ?

So i was thinking of trying out one of those speed dating things, ive been wondering what type of girls go to them. Are they attractive ? what are they there for ?
Anyone ever speed dated before?

And just for reference the girls i have been picking up latley have been very nice but are either engaged ( i didnt know) or have a BF ( i didnt know) it seems all the good ones are taken.
Sounds like you've been picking up the disco queens while you've been out drinking with your mates and while they are all good for the 3 F's (find em, f**k em, forget em) they are not going to be of much use in any other part of a relationship.
Just remember mate, people love talking about themselves, especially women, so ask questions, be yourself and listen to what they have to say, then you can take the conversation from there.

Last edited:
Ive not done speed dateing. I've met some people on POF though including a hottie (failed there :( ). Theres a lot of freaks you have to sift through and some people have issues, but if you're a pretty guy who can talk to people and are looking for something more than a fuck you'll find you'll be pretty successful.