• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

squat rack

Squat racks are fine if you can take it easy on the bench. Me personally I'd rather have a power rack and put the car outside.

Probably just slide the stands off the bottom rail. It takes up next to no room though, I doubt you would need to dismantle it.

The first one was rated to 250lbs, thats a fail. It does not rate the other one so make sure you find out before you buy.

The first one was rated to 250lbs, thats a fail. It does not rate the other one so make sure you find out before you buy.

what happens if you load them up more than 250lbs :p :(

who uses these kinds of squat racks and not expect to squat above 250lbs?

you might want to invest in a powerrack anyway....these look like they could topple over easily?

Last edited:
Whilst this is going to lead to a million stories about uncles squatting 200kg off oil drums I don't think you get the utility out of squat racks.

You're missing out on a chinning attachment to begin with, something I'd see as necessary for a home gym. There's no safeties so if you want a big bench you'll have to buy those, and assuming you dont want a massive tripping hazard with plates everywhere you'll probably need a weights tree too. So yeah, not terribly economical.

PTC got buy with squat stands for 2 years, including ALL the comps from 2007 till now.

While a power rack is more versatile, its not always possible to fit one in.

If its this or nothing, take this

I have th exact same squat stands that were linked in the OP and they work fine.

I got a power rack soon after and prefer that, but if you don't have room for one then these aren't bad at all.