• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Boot camp for obese people?

kindred

I was thinking of doing some sort of boot camp. Do you think I can handle it im 132kg? I wanna get fit enough to start running again because running on the beach in the morning is pretty awsome for fun and relaxation.

You need to pick something...ANYTHING... and stick to it for more than 3 seconds, all you ever do is start over, you quit everything before you give it a chance to work.

Go do boot camp, and stick to it.

Lately bad as people keeping feeding me crap! Im trying to be more social so will eat what others are eating etc. However when alone have started eating chicken and veggies 3-4 cups veg with a chicken breast or something. Id like to do that twice a day.

You don't need boot camp you need to do what Morgan said. Get consistency, eat healthier and exercise more. Lift weights, cut out junk, walk more and keep doing it.

Reminds me of a mate, always complaining and sulking, never sticks to a diet more than a few days and then wonders if its the workouts, so now he's on a "moderate" diet and body part split training with "intensity",

Some will get it, some never will. Kindred I don't think you are hungry enough to make a change.

Lately bad as people keeping feeding me crap! Im trying to be more social so will eat what others are eating etc.

Perhaps being social is something different to you, but I've never been force fed or excluded for not eating the same stuff as the cool kids.

Perhaps being social is something different to you, but I've never been force fed or excluded for not eating the same stuff as the cool kids.

I get told I am rude all the time for not eating things that people offer just because I am not hungry or don't want to eat shit food. I just say get over it I can eat what I want. I still refuse politely though.

I've never had issues with the a good ol' 'No thanks'. If someone got upset because I wouldn't eat whatever they were offering I'd probably offer them a cup of cement.

Eh, a lot of my friends come from various Asian backgrounds and I've never been considered rude for declining an offer of food/drink (from them or their family). The eyetalian extended family doesn't get uppity about it either, although I see them much more rarely.

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen though... maybe I've just lucked out thus far :D

Eh, a lot of my friends come from various Asian backgrounds and I've never been considered rude for declining an offer of food/drink (from them or their family). The eyetalian extended family doesn't get uppity about it either, although I see them much more rarely.

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen though... maybe I've just lucked out thus far :D

You never know what people say when you are not there :D But personally I could care less and so should you Kindred. Just don't do it.

Reminds me of a mate, always complaining and sulking, never sticks to a diet more than a few days and then wonders if its the workouts, so now he's on a "moderate" diet and body part split training with "intensity",

Some will get it, some never will. Kindred I don't think you are hungry enough to make a change.

Kindred mate... That comment right there would motivate me to get my ass to the gym and train as hard as a beast and eat as clean as I possibly could...

Goodluck with it all!

Thanks J3.

I'm guilty of this in various areas of my life.

The first one being smoking! Yes I'm still smoking
on and off..

So Kindred as J3 has said it's quite simple. Eat right
and lift. <- if only I could follow this simple advise
without fail for 6 months.

Thanks for stating the 'obvious'...

Sorry for the hijack, but I also refuse the crap food if I don't want it. Our work is organising lunch for the Melbourne Cup but they're doing pizza. I emailed back and said its supposed to be chicken and champage. Last year they did chicken and that's cool as I eat the breasts and salad. But this year its definately pizza. I just politely said, not interested.

I'll bring my own chicken for lunch.

Kindred, you need that mentality. The "I'm eating what I need to eat and now what I might want to eat or what society is suggesting I eat". You control what passes your lips, not society or anyone else. Apply the same logic to your workouts and you'll go far. Set a plan and STICK TO IT, come hell or high water. There are no shortcuts or silver bullets. The only road to success lies through hard work and discipline with a good helping of sacrifice on the side. Its not easy and it will suck big time along the way, but the result is worth it.

Cheers,
Mike

You need to pick something...ANYTHING... and stick to it for more than 3 seconds, all you ever do is start over, you quit everything before you give it a chance to work.

Go do boot camp, and stick to it.

You don't need boot camp you need to do what Morgan said. Get consistency, eat healthier and exercise more. Lift weights, cut out junk, walk more and keep doing it.

Kindred I don't think you are hungry enough to make a change.

The above is spot on.

You need to really want to change before it will happen. Until you get to the stage where you are absolutely sick of what you look like and what your current lifestyle is you will not change.

Make the decision, stick to a program and get the results.

Dont look into different training types because you are just making excuses. There is no way that is easier than the other. You need to realise this and stop fucking about. When you do this you will understand how true the comments from morgan, dave and jetr33 really are.

Lately bad as people keeping feeding me crap! Im trying to be more social so will eat what others are eating etc. However when alone have started eating chicken and veggies 3-4 cups veg with a chicken breast or something. Id like to do that twice a day.

I stopped reading the thread with this post - have not read anyone elses responses - are you fuc king kidding me dude? - your saying your eating bad coz ppl are feeding you crap and your trying to be social - what the mofo has that got to do with eating bad - if you have a goal to drop weight then you do what u need to do to get there - im not saying dont go out but just coz u go out doesnt mean u need to eat crap.....

This is just another excuse - if you dont change your mind-set you will never change how you look.

Grow up dude and stop with the excuses - shit that comment gave me the shits.

ANd also chicken with veggies twice aday...what does this mean???? how about 6 solid meals a day 6 1/2 days a week with 1/2 a day as a cheat.....

Im so sick of ppl half - assing shit