• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Too much workload?

GTiRolla

Hey Guys,

I've been lurking around for a while, and thought I'd try and post something worthy suitable to forums :)

First up - Ceffo - Love your avatars man - keep em up

Anyways the reason for this post... Over the last 9 months my partner and I have been on a weightloss / getting fit regime (she wanted to join the army - but was struggling to pass the physical - so we started doing things together for the motivation & competition)
Since then we've both dropped around 20kgs (we've both hit under the 90kg mark - was 111) but since then my focus has been more on building a lot more muscle. (looking to play rugby union next season - my missus plays on the girls team, and after much yelling from
the sideline I got told to either get my ass on the field or to STFU!

Stats:
Height:181
Weight: 91.2kg (on my scales which i've used since day 1) - gyms ones were different, - but that was also after breakfast & 1L of water

Pics: to come

I did a fitness assessment @ the Alive Gym in Canberra last Saturday - we went through the whole testing thing, to see where i'm at, goals etc.
Previously was doing various things (mainly upperbody - biceps / triceps / chest / latts) with cardio thrown in - My current gym - which is a AIS Centre fails for decent staff (all triathlon wannabes or just desk jockeys)

This is the program that they wrote out for me -

Sets Reps - With focus on lowering the weight for 3 secs each Rep
3 10-12

Legs & Shoulders:
Leg Press
DB Lunges
Deadlifts
BB Squats
Military Press(Smith Machine)
DB Lateral Raises
DB Shoulder Press

Chest & Triceps
Incline Bench Press (Smith Machine)
Incline DB Chest Flys
{Pec Deck}
{Push Ups} Super Set with above
Dips
{Tricep Pulldown}
{Diamond Pushups} Super Set with above

Back & Biceps
T-Bar Row
Close Gip Seated Row
Latt Pull Downs
Assisted Chin Ups
Incline Bicep Curls
BB 21's
Russian Twist
Supermans

The schedule: (May change slightly over next few weeks due to traveling / holidays)

Monday - Backs & Biceps
Tuesday - Cardio
Wednesday - Legs & Shoulders
Thursday - Cardio (2 games Touch Footy)
Friday - Chest & Triceps
Saturday - Backs & Biceps
Sunday - Rest

Do you think that its too much? I've been recovering quite well - I get around 7-8 hours sleep most nights (weekends usually more)

Diet - Changes every few days but usually one of each of the below

Breakfast
3-4 eggs (scrambled/fried/boiled) multigrain bread (also have tomatoes / mushrooms / bacon)
4-5 Weetbix - Hi Bran
Protein Shake 300ml Full Cream Milk

Mid Morning
Rye Cruskits with Vegemite / Peanut Butter
Good Handfull of Mixed Nuts ( Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Macadamia's & Brazil)
1Piece of fruit

Lunch
Ham / Chicken Salad Sandwhich
Last Nights Leftovers
Salmon & multigrain bread (usually helgas Quinoa & Flaxseed if I can get it)

Afternoon
Rye Cruskits with Vegemite / Peanut Butter
Good Handfull of Mixed Nuts ( Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Macadamia's & Brazil)
1Piece of fruit

Post Workout

Evening
Chicken & veg
Steak & salad
Fish & Veg

Before Bed

Approx 3L water per day
I have approx 1-2 coffee's a day (dropped from 5-6)

Suppliments:
Swisse MultiVitaman
Spartan WPI (about to be replaced with ON WPI Gold)
Occasionally use Jack3d (just about gone)

So post away :)

Ok if you have been reading the forums you will know by the now that something like that is not a good program for a beginner (and in this case for anyone). Go to the beginners look here thread and you will have all the information you need for a beginner strength training program.

Also if you are playing union look into some of the football stuff on here about conditioning, just remember to not go jogging.

Also your diet is not great.
Cruskits???
Ham sandwhich????

These are not bodybuilding staples.

Check out the nutrition forum.

Heres my problem with shitty routines like this.

Lets look at leg day. Lets say you blast it out with a tough set of 5x5 with 5kg less than your 5RM on the bar. Thats brutal, and with some hamstring work is enough to get the job done.

But then you do leg press...lunges...deadlifts... why?

And how do you expect to know what works and what doesnt in terms of assistance when you're throwing in every variable at once?

agree with the above posts, way too much stuff going on there.
Do 3 exercises strong instead of 7 weak. or as Markos would say - don't "major in the minor shit".

X 2 on the diet and the training program comments. What sort of trainer would give that as a program?

Beginner workouts and a nutrition overhaul for you. Cut the processed crap. Eat raw clean healthy foods. If humans have done anything except for picking it, cutting it, squeezing a tit then it's a waste of time.

X 2 on the diet and the training program comments. What sort of trainer would give that as a program?
Not this one.

Keep it simple. One legs exercise, one push and one pull. Pick one for each, in every session do more weight or more reps than you did before. Do that and you become stronger.

As stated above, too many exercises, have a crack at 20 reppers on your leg day, one proper set and you should not be wanting to squat anything after that.

Hay GtiRolla,

If you want a serious gym that will get results in the ACT come and check out Powersports Club in Fyshwick. Powersports is THE hardcore training facility in Canberra. No health club atmospher, our gym is for those who are dedicated to training hard and achieve results. We currently have 2 CAPO Champions, 6 or 7 200kg+ Deadlifters, One of which is hopefully going to hit 300 in December, 2 or 3 200kg+ Squatters and a range of other stronger guys and girls training with us. Powersports Club | THE Hardcore Gym in Canberra - That's the website. The gym is at 5/14-16 Kembla St, Fyshwick, ACT.

Come down and check it out.

Sherro

Hay GtiRolla,

If you want a serious gym that will get results in the ACT come and check out Powersports Club in Fyshwick. Powersports is THE hardcore training facility in Canberra. No health club atmospher, our gym is for those who are dedicated to training hard and achieve results. We currently have 2 CAPO Champions, 6 or 7 200kg+ Deadlifters, One of which is hopefully going to hit 300 in December, 2 or 3 200kg+ Squatters and a range of other stronger guys and girls training with us. Powersports Club | THE Hardcore Gym in Canberra - That's the website. The gym is at 5/14-16 Kembla St, Fyshwick, ACT.

Come down and check it out.

Sherro

Thanks everyone that's replied :) I'll go back over the starting strength thread - Works been pretty busy atm, and i'm about to go on holidays, so trying to get some stuff sorted before I go.

Sherro, I live in Jindabyne, and spend every 2nd weekend in Canberra, so I'll drop in and check it out, when do you normally go? Would be good to meet up with some people off the forums :)

As for Rugby, looking at playing in the local Mens Side - Jindabyne Bushpigs

Normally open 12 - 130-2ish on saturdays. I train Monday, Wednesday nights, friday day and saturdays. Feel free to drop in and check it out.

Have a search for a video posted by powersports. It has Nathan squatting so much on the bar it wouldn't stay on so they duct taped it. And yes he is that strong.

Yea jonnie is a freak. We only let him in when no other "normal" folk are around. Yes we did have to tape 325kgs to the bar. He would have gone up more but we didn't have any more tape.

Yea jonnie is a freak. We only let him in when no other "normal" folk are around. Yes we did have to tape 325kgs to the bar. He would have gone up more but we didn't have any more tape.

What is Joel doing letting normal people into powersports anyways?

Did they end up getting better plates to fit more on?

We picked up a pair of steel 25kgs but to be honest we havent had any issues with it cause none of us are near to jonnies retard strength.