• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rubber Hex Dumbell Set

ThePump

Hi Everyone, I am looking to purchase the Hubber Hex Dumbell set from gymdirect which is 10 pairs , 2.5KG to 25KG including Rack for $1100. It seems abit pricey, does anyone know where to find it cheaper?

Also what are your thoughts on this set if you have purchased one before?

Gym direct havebeen the cheapest i have been able to find for all items they stock..

I doubt you will find the same item cheaper elsewhere.

My question would be why do you want dumbells though?

Do you have the basics?

Gym direct havebeen the cheapest i have been able to find for all items they stock..

I doubt you will find the same item cheaper elsewhere.

My question would be why do you want dumbells though?

Do you have the basics?

At the moment I am loading spin locks over and over for different exercises and it is just to time consuming, also doing drop sets would be much easier with a dumbell set.

How will you squat and deadlift with db's?

Noobs has asked you a good question.

Who said I was squatting or deadlifting with dumbells? I was asking about a dumbell set... I already have a power rack and everything needed. Im just curious if its worth getting a dumbell set as I find myself loading and unloading alot.

Last edited:
if you have $1100 spare cash just floating around, and you feel that it would be easier for you too have the set, then go ahead...

I had been eyeing it up, but then i came to the conclusion that it may not last too long, as apart from a few exercises, less than 25kg is not very useful... IMO

if you have $1100 spare cash just floating around, and you feel that it would be easier for you too have the set, then go ahead...

I had been eyeing it up, but then i came to the conclusion that it may not last too long, as apart from a few exercises, less than 25kg is not very useful... IMO

I know what you mean, I have been thinking about it for a while also, did you just work with what you got or buy some more spinlocks...

Last edited:
My solution was just that, I have 3 pair of spinlocks, and enough plates to load them all ready to go. Can then easily do drop sets.

My solution was just that, I have 3 pair of spinlocks, and enough plates to load them all ready to go. Can then easily do drop sets.

That sounds like a smart idea, at the moment I only have 1 pair of spin locks which lets me down.

i came to this site, and as im on the beginner program, i rarely use the dumb bells, i do a lot of squats, SLDL, bent over rows, bench and BB curls ( and maybe wide grip snatch cleans )... so the need for the dumb bells is only really for military press, and maybe one arm rows....

But, thats just me and my work outs at the moment... But, if you do decide you want them, Gymdirect cant be beaten... i was eyeing the same set...

Looks like I have been talked out of getting a set, it does seem like a waste when spinlocks would do the same job and cost alot less. On top of that take up alot less room.

Would be nice to have them thoug..

Gym direct do weekly payments with no interest.

Im getting alot of goodies on thursday :D

Spin locks are absolute junk.

I have a heap of DB's in my gym, from 2kg to 45kg in pairs, a few doubles, plus singles of

36kg
41kg
50kg
55kg

I also have a set of Olympic handles to make up huge weights. Once you own the DB's, you'll never need to replace them, I've had mine for 15 years. If your serious about training, and enjoy training at home, its a good buy, as long as you can afford them