• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Designing Power Rack, Need ideas and reccomendations

robbo14

So im Building my own Power Rack and currently on the designing stage, But as ive never owned one, im not too sure on what i should look for and whats a must with a Power Rack.

Before you flame with prices and labour etc

50x50 2.5 painted $6.80m
50x50 2.5 PreGalvanised $7.49m

I manufacture Ally scaffold, we have a jig set up to accomodate 50mm O/D tube, so i can easily set this up in the jig.

Mate will lend me Gas, Welder and wire for free (saves me changing my 5356 set up)

So what i need from you guys are: what you like about your Rack, what you dont like about your rack, what you want in your rack what min/max measurements you need with a rack?

I love the weight storage and pull up bar with a squat rack, really helps with storage.

Looking forward to the project and ideas...

Thx Guys

Robbo

I heard powertec rack is not stable.

My current sketch is similar to EFs BYO 3x3

Last edited:
If you're after the best rack you can get I would use 3" tubes and design a weights tree, but I think with the expense it would be difficult to justify building your own rack.

Most commercial racks use 100x75 on the four standards... Once again price wouldn't be that bad comparied to the $1300+ racks