• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Epsom Salt Baths

Daniel.308

Just wondering if any of you guys have epsom salt baths and how you'se feel after it and wether it helps with recovery etc?

Benefits of Epsom Salts

I have been reading up about it for a while now and there shows that there are many benefits, might include it in my next order of stuff...

Cheers

I do them either once a month, or if I'm particularly sore and DOMS won't go away. They help with recovery immensely I feel. Just be careful if you put in a whole heap, you might sweat so much you nearly pass out like I did the first time. Also they're cheap as chips so its not something you have to lash out to buy. Only a couple of bucks a kilo.

Also it's how I "cut" about 5kg worth of water weight the night before Nationals. Fun times.

I'm intrigued but sceptical. As usual. If it does what is claimed, then I'm in.

Post up any results.

PS I can't find any scientific literature yet on external treatment. There seems to be plenty on internal treatment associated with death.

Last edited:
Had my first Epsom salt bath last night... 3 cups of salts and I gotta say it is pretty damn relaxing... My legs don't feel as sore from the workoutthis morning...

I'll report back when I have my "normal" workout ad lastnights was with noobs new bumper plates and setup...

I've found they're great after big trainings and long days etc. Something along the lines of restoring magnesium and alot of other salts which are needed for a healthy balance.

I've found they're great after big trainings and long days etc. Something along the lines of restoring magnesium and alot of other salts which are needed for a healthy balance.

There honestly great, I think its going to become a regular thing...

Only problem is I barely fit in my bath lol I have to soak bottom half then top half and alternate...