• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power racks

HIThopper

Guys

I am tossing up between 2 power racks to replace my old one.

Commercial Power Rack

and

HPRSP Commercial Power Rack

Does anyone here own either one? I need the one with the widest squatting area cos I squat and pull sumo.

My question is which do you guys reccommend? I dont care about the price difference. Also some measurements of the squat area for those that own one would be MUCHLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Unless you stand on blocks you'll have reduced range of motion in the deadlift due to the bottom rails.

Sorry I didn't get back to your PM mate, the internal measurement is 1.11m.

Most racks internal measurement will be similiar due to the restriction of the 220cm barbell. I have the standard muscle motion and that is also 1.11m inside.

Force usa one looks good, I like the smaller spacing but its not really needed, the band pegs, and also looks like you will be able to deadlift inside it as the bottom rails appear to be closer to the ground. The gym direct has been tried and proven in at PTC, I dont know which way I would go but think the cost savings would probably sway me. I got the standard one due to space restrictions though.

Send the hulk a pm pm for a quote as members here get a discount at gym direct

Mate, I'm having some difficulties with buying a Power Rack as well.

It is a toss-up between the Muscle Motion and the Cyber-market complete package, leaning towards the Cyber-Market because I can get the bar, rack, bench, plates in one lot.

Thinking of adding a pair of 10kg Bumpers to the order as well to learn some Olympic lifts.

My major problem is this though:
I don't want to spend $1200+ on a product without seeing it in person first. And it seems all stockists of these are in Sydney, and there are non in Victoria.

Is there a way around it or would I have no choice but to buy without trying?

I have the latter.

I'd get it simply because its considerably smaller which is obviously going to be a big issue in a house/garage.

The force usa is loaded with features but the only one i can say is any good is the close pin spacing.

consider getting a package too.

It is a toss-up between the Muscle Motion and the Cyber-market complete package, leaning towards the Cyber-Market because I can get the bar, rack, bench, plates in one lot.

You can get a package with gymdirect too.

Consider getting the commercial one. Yes its extra money but:
- If you weigh 100kg and the bar weighs 200kg what hope do you have of racking a squat in a 70kg rack?
- Even if you bought the cheaper package youd have to get more plates and a weights tree anyway which will basically bring you to the same price.

Last edited:
One of my mates has the force USA rack and mine arrives this week. I love it but its the only rack I have ever used. PTC said it may be too light for use with bands and I'm not gonna argue with someone who knows that much more than me.

I just recently bought the Muscle Motion HPRSP, extremely happy with it. The main reason I went with it over the Force USA is because the Force USA was too long and high for the room I have my setup in, the HPRSP is just right. I bought the dip attachment too.

I had also seen and used the Muscle Motion at PTC and knew that it was a quality and solid unit which would withstand anything I'm likely to be able to throw at it. Band attachments would have been nice, but Markos is able to find a way to use them with his rack.

On another note, I used to have a Powertec power rack, but sold it because it was too light and flimsy. Whenever I unracked the bar and walked back to squat, I would always hit the frame of the rack with the plates on the bar... very annoying.

It has weight storage on the back plus it can be bolted to the floor, so it's never going to be too light.

not the one the second poster was looking at.

If you have a big room, tall roof and get off over extras you dont need Id also recommend the force usa. The only useful features it has over the muscle motion is band pegs (you can wrap a band around the frame anyway) and close pin spacing.

IMO, the band pegs, closer holes, band/chain storage, dip bars, and the fact you can DL inside it make it worth the extra $145.

Anyone in Vic can come to Ptc to
See the superior product
No need to bolt down
I use bands and chains with mine every day
Posted via Mobile Device

IMO, the band pegs, closer holes, band/chain storage, dip bars, and the fact you can DL inside it make it worth the extra $145.

Do you have one?

If you cant hang a chain or band around the back of your rack you must have downs, the dipping bars look to be a shit design as well. You're right about the deadlifts, its a really bad fail on the part of the muscle motion.

Again, the biggest problem with the force usa is the overabundance of features as well as the size. 2m in length and 230 high is a considerable amount of space for a regular household.

Do you have one?

If you cant hang a chain or band around the back of your rack you must have downs, the dipping bars look to be a shit design as well. You're right about the deadlifts, its a really bad fail on the part of the muscle motion.

Again, the biggest problem with the force usa is the overabundance of features as well as the size. 2m in length and 230 high is a considerable amount of space for a regular household.
I don't actually, but if I were in the market for one atm, I'd have it. I have a powertec atm, which is 210 high I think. It sucks because I can't OHP in it. A 230 high rack would be ideal for pressing and I'd also appreciate a bit extra pull up bar room.

Have u tried hanging several bands on the back of ur rack? I have, they're annoying and get in ur way when squatting. I guess u could turn around and squat facing the other way but u don't need to with pegs.

Would u say EFTS racks are shit because they have too many features?

I don't actually, but if I were in the market for one atm, I'd have it. I have a powertec atm, which is 210 high I think. It sucks because I can't OHP in it. A 230 high rack would be ideal for pressing and I'd also appreciate a bit extra pull up bar room.

Have u tried hanging several bands on the back of ur rack? I have, they're annoying and get in ur way when squatting. I guess u could turn around and squat facing the other way but u don't need to with pegs.

Would u say EFTS racks are shit because they have too many features?

A tall person is likely going to have to leave the rack anyway, so they may as well.

I dont use bands.

I wouldnt say the elite racks are shit because their features are decent - their dipping handles are thick and comfortable with a large capacity, they have two band pegs at the bottom and two at the top as opposed to holes all across the support structures and the j-hooks arnt dicky.

you cant compare the two.

Consider getting the commercial one.

I checked out the Muscle Motion HPRSP Commercial Power Rack with the 155kg of plates, the heavy duty bar and bench, and it looks like a much better piece of kit. Before I buy it though I have two main questions.

1. What sort of company is gym direct?(e.g. reputable, provide good quality etc)

2. Does anybody use the MM HPRSP and if so what is your opinion on it

Cheers

Lifter,

I have the rack. What I like about it:

- Its heavy - the rack is not going to move when you lift
- Its a good size - 48" of space gives you plenty of room to move whilst its overall size of 64" fits comfortably in a garage
- The chin up bar is pretty cool

What I dont like

- Cant deadlift in it
- Lack of pin spacing
- Lack of band attachments
- Average j-hooks