• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC, do I stay or do I go?

PTC

The Frankston Dolphins Football Club have made me a very generous offer.

They have offered me their current gym space, around 3 times bigger than PTC, for free.

The deal basically is, I move in there with all my equipment, pay no rent, continue to train all my regular clients, and train the Dolphin boys from 5-6pm, plus allowing them to use the facilities.

Simon Goosey figured he cant get them to PTC, so we'll take PTC to them.

He is a huge believer in what I do, showering me with gifts ( new sneakers tonight lol)

He has also spoken to Alan Richardson at Carlton about me, wants to get me down there. I told him Steven Icke, GM I think, knows what I can do, I got his son Cameron from 70kg to 108kg, ripped, huge boy, over the internet. He even offered me a signed Carlton jumper to raffle off for funds to get Max to Idaho.

Carlton would be an absolute dream gig, I dont even want to think about it.

Anyway, Nina and I believe I need to make this next step. This will expose PTC to many young footballers on the Peninsula.

Obviously I will need support from my suppliers as I'll need more equipment.

I will still leave some behind at home, the ZK bar etc. I'll still want to be able to train some clients at home.

The thing is, I really love my garage.

FFC is right across from the beach, in the centre of Frankston, fantastic location.

Opinions?

This is an opportunity to expand your business at no extra cost to you.

This is also an opportunity to show the VFL (and hopefully the AFL) what a strength training actually looks like, and the rewards it can provide.

I know what I'd do.

The only thing that would make me weary is if they put up some strange/unreasonable conditions on you.

Also, if you do go, make sure you put up an Ode to Squattin' poster.

Nice work PTC. Unless the new location is too far away, in which case it would be a bit unfair on your current clients, do it!

Take it, free rent and you were looking to move in the near future. You get more exposure and are directly affiliated with a football club that could lead to bigger things down the line. If things go sour you still have your original clients (plus the new ones that will come) and your garage to fall back to. As the equipment is yours you do not lose out there.

I suppose expenditure for new equipment could be an issue, depending on what you need. Maybe some more racks, bars and weights etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Weigh up the con's if the deal goes bad against the pro's if it goes to plan.

Risk vs. Gain.

The way your have explained the deal sounds pretty sweet. Just get some more info on what happens if plans change etc.

PTC, I may be young but take my 2c as you will. You've been offered a new space free of charge based on your reputation alone. I don't know anyone else who has gotten that based just on how good they are, it shows how much respect people have for what you do.

Not only free space, but your going to be training more clients, which means more word of mouth and an even bigger reputation for you. Training a group of footy boys has its benefits.

I had more arguments for why you should but I forgot. It's up to you really but it seems like an amazing opportunity, and you'll always have your garage but this doesn't come along very often.

Who knows...you could be bigger and better than Gold's Gym.

The new location is easier to get too, its around 5km away from where I am now, but easier for those driving to get too.

The club has no restrictions, they simply want to implement a S&C phase to their training, and this is the cheapest (no cost lol) option. I have over $20,000 worth of equipment, they have no money.

If they bought equipment, they would have to pay Max or I to train them.

They will get as good a gym as they could dream of, plus coaching, for zero dollars.

The only downside for them is Fat Dave.

Another bonus they have is that their players will train beside guys pulling 250kg and squatting 200kg, best motivation around

I love my garage

As far as new equipment goes, my suppliers have been very generous to me, and I've provided great exposure.

That exposure can now be increased tenfold, I'll be asking for signage at the ground, live televised games etc.

I think their generosity will continue, as I should be able to triple my client base.

I love my garage

From a Buisness perspective -
With your client base increasing drastically you have no option but to expand and this looks like that chance. From the look of things it can only get better.

Just curious -
Do u think time wise you have the time still to committ to clients later on say if u do get a Full Time position as strength coach of a AFL team?

Sometimes getting real big u lose sight of the heart of what it was that made the buisness successful in the first place. E.g Golds gym (before they went commercialized)

Last edited:
will you be running them in the same session as the powerlifters? wouldn't there be a difference in programming?

I think you would be crazy not to do it.

Huge opportunity - if you want to help more people reach their goals and better themselves (above and beyond the football club itself, a better location with a bigger available population etc) this is an enormous leg up for you and your business.

If you make a large dent in the clubs performance, there are obviously further benefits.

5km from your current location rules out negatively impacting your current clients, you even mentioned it would be easier for those who commute to you.

If you are keeping equipment at home, you will have the best of both worlds.

Grab the opportunity by the balls and squeeze, mate.

Markos do you love your garage?

It sounds like you've made your choice but the above statement is holding you back a little.
Posted via Mobile Device

Trent, the footballers always train early, my clients dont start till 6.00pm anyway, that parts easy.

Oliver, we only started PL competition in May this year, but we've always trained to be better athletes, its why I've always argued with you about high bar low bar squats.

We've set 21 World records and 82 National records without resorting to shortening ROM and other PL staples.

At PTC we simply train to get stronger. The coach and his condition staff were concerned that produced musclebound meat heads........until they watched Max move, jump, lift.

His PL accomplishments aside, he is an athlete first, easily the most athletic/strong/fit kid I've ever seen, and by a long way. Not one player at the dolphins can jump higher, sprint faster, lift more weight or get a better score on the beep test, he has a list of 40 covered at every discipline, that is what Simon and his staff saw.

So our training will always be based on bigger/faster/stronger/fitter.

The PL plus some quick lifts, throw in some KB, will accomplish this.

I've demonstrated this to anyone that doubts us.

Markos do you love your garage?

It sounds like you've made your choice but the above statement is holding you back a little.
Posted via Mobile Device

Only those that have lifted in my garage can understand the aura in there, I love my garage deeply, as does Max.

Only those that have lifted in my garage can understand the aura in there, I love my garage deeply, as does Max.

I haven't lifted in your gym yet but i have lifted in similar places where the there is a sense of unspoken comrarderie in terms of lifting and as soon as u walk in your mindset/strength levels go up virtually 10 fold. Pity there isnt one up here in sydney anymore.

If you build it they will come.....

In the meantime some light entertainment to help pass the time

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nppzGV1U8y8]YouTube - normal kid meets a powerlifter[/ame]