• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My mate is trying to drop some kilos.

BigJim

So yeah, got a mate at work who is looking to drop 15kg. Spent ages writing him up a program to follow working out his BMR etc which he was keen as to follow. Then apparently he went out to dinner with his missus who basically said everything i had written there was crap, and that because he is asian there is no way he isnt going to be eating rice every night. I kid you not this is what he told me she said. She also told him to listen to her instead of me because "she has eaten rice and bread every day and never had a problem with her weight".

So he is now eating rice for dinner at night, and for lunch he had a toasted sandwich with ham and cheese. He said this was healthy because its on rye bread.

I also advised him against eating fruit after midday, which he is ignoring because "everyone knows fruit is healthy."

Now after i have been telling him to do sprints and resistance training, he reveals that his missus went out and spent $800 on one of those vibrating machines that you stand on. He likes the idea of this and reckons its scientifically proven to help you lose weight.

The whole reason he is trying to lose weight is because his missus wont let him get his motorbike liscence until he has dropped 15kg, and the whole reason i care so much is because i was going to get mine at the same time. I guess i will be waiting a while to get my bike liscence...

Its okay though, because he is going to go for jogs and do situps every night to help him lose weight. :rolleyes:

so yeah, got a mate at work who is looking to drop 15kg. Spent ages writing him up a program to follow working out his bmr etc which he was keen as to follow. Then apparently he went out to dinner with his missus who basically said everything i had written there was crap, and that because he is asian there is no way he isnt going to be eating rice every night. I kid you not this is what he told me she said. She also told him to listen to her instead of me because "she has eaten rice and bread every day and never had a problem with her weight".

So he is now eating rice for dinner at night, and for lunch he had a toasted sandwich with ham and cheese. He said this was healthy because its on rye bread.

I also advised him against eating fruit after midday, which he is ignoring because "everyone knows fruit is healthy."

now after i have been telling him to do sprints and resistance training, he reveals that his missus went out and spent $800 on one of those vibrating machines that you stand on. He likes the idea of this and reckons its scientifically proven to help you lose weight.

the whole reason he is trying to lose weight is because his missus wont let him get his motorbike liscence until he has dropped 15kg, and the whole reason i care so much is because i was going to get mine at the same time. I guess i will be waiting a while to get my bike liscence...

Its okay though, because he is going to go for jogs and do situps every night to help him lose weight. :rolleyes:

hahahahahahahahahahahhaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You know the brain consumes Alot of calories in a day...

Perhaps your friend could engage it to up his metabolic function.

Foris slap him for me!
Posted via Mobile Device

The whole reason he is trying to lose weight is because his missus wont let him get his motorbike liscence until he has dropped 15kg

There's the answer right there... she doesn't want him to get a motorbike licence :p

Well good on her no one wants a bush pig partner at least she is giving him motivation maybe that's what he needs.
Posted via Mobile Device

He should grow some balls and show his missus the pimp hand

/ceffo carefully watches if his wife is around while typing message
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol maybe he needs to loose weight. I hate the idea that people think it's taboo to care about your partners looks and health. If he/she needs to loose 15kg let them know about it. Find ways to get their asses into gear to look after themselves..

I don't buy the get married and them put up with someone who turns into a bushpig. It isn't fair to either party, and causes partners to go looking elsewhere.

I'm all for loving someone for who they are but
No one wants to love a 200kger just because they have a nice personality.
Posted via Mobile Device

hahahahahahahahahahah ive never heard that expression before, i like it lol.

the pimp hand lol.

seriously bigjim, all you got to do is show the wench your before and after photos, if she still deosnt listen, show her the pimp hand. hahahahahahahahaha

Lol you've never heard that paullie? Showing the back of your hand to show who's boss. And noobs Is right but god dam she sounds like she's got him whipped

it definatly doesnt sound like he is wearing the pants in the relationship. However, she be insecure about herself, and may not have the will to lose her excess body weight ( if there is any? )

it definatly doesnt sound like he is wearing the pants in the relationship. However, she be insecure about herself, and may not have the will to lose her excess body weight ( if there is any? )

Nah she is really thin so its nothing like her being insecure. I think she just wants what is best for him and by bargaining with him about having to lose weight before getting a bike liscence is her way of making sure either:

a) if he really wants a bike liscence or it just sounds like a good idea.
b) he gets to a healthy weight for his height.

Its just annoying because i have told him what he needs to do, but he is going to continue eating all the stuff he shouldnt. And he is a mate so i would like to see him reach a healthy bodyweight (i also really want my bike liscence rofl).

I went to get my bike licence 18 months ago with 5 mates who keen as bat shit
They realized it was fun for 3 months during summer and then didn't bother getting their P's and sold their bikes during winter.
Now i ride alone as i enjoy thrashing it about to buy a bigger bike.

I think u should just go get it mate if u enjoy riding and the thrill of it. :)

Nah she is really thin so its nothing like her being insecure. I think she just wants what is best for him and by bargaining with him about having to lose weight before getting a bike liscence is her way of making sure either:

a) if he really wants a bike liscence or it just sounds like a good idea.
b) he gets to a healthy weight for his height.

Its just annoying because i have told him what he needs to do, but he is going to continue eating all the stuff he shouldnt. And he is a mate so i would like to see him reach a healthy bodyweight (i also really want my bike liscence rofl).

Ok so he is going to eat rice etc not too big of a deal. He may not get in enough protein, meh just another small obstacle. Get him to come lift with you, that is probably the most important thing. If he lift, and lifts with a friend, he will see results. You can even run with him if you think he can keep up. Get him started slowly by at least lifting with you. If he won't do that then there is no point in you helping him, you gave it a shot he refused.

Now if he does join you in about 2-3 months he will probably change all of his eating habits more in line to what you are thinking of. But until then if he does not over eat then he should do fine. These are little things, it is not like he has been told to eat Maccas all day. Main point is to get him lifting, doing a little HIT or anything similar and not overeating.

Just tell him if it didn't run, swim, fly, grow in the ground or on something then why is he eating it?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKs0oEIVOck[/ame]

whipped.

From an outside perspective seems incredibly stupid, of course from a personal view you don't want to test the limits of your friendship by calling his gf a spasdick.

At end of day losing weight/getting fit is a lifestyle change, if the idea of a vibrating machine appeals to him i do not believe he is in the right mindset to commit to a lifestyle change.

Like dave said get him to do some serious lifting with you and maybe he'll wake up, also give him any literature or scientific proof about the benefits if you really give a shit about him. He has to make the decision himself. If he's asian just use Bruce Lee as an example :O

my 2 cents

Last edited:
Maybe the wife really wanted the vibration platform machine for herself?

tn4_156999.jpg

images

LLNS9FWI111.jpg

/ceffo carefully watches if his wife is around while typing message
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol. I hear ya mate.

/El Freako checks over his shoulder to make sure his wife has seen what he wrote.:p