• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Delicious protein bars

Jim_Junkie

I found this recipe on youtube and they look pretty damn tasty :p Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0HaQDcQdU4&NR=1]YouTube - The BEST Homemade Protein Bar Recipe in the WORLD![/ame]

Nutritional Facts

Makes 5 Bars
(Per Serving – 1 Bar)
Calories: 452
Protein: 50g
Carbohydrates: 36g
Fat: 12g

roughly

Looks pretty dam good. Could use them when I'm walking round uni. Wonder what the nutritional info of those are.

I get a newsletter from Anabolic Cooking. Makes some really nice stuff. I might try those, or dig out my stuff from Berardi and give them a run again. I''ve never been able to make a decent bar.

I made these today......the taste is INSANE!!!!!! I've got to control myself from eating the whole batch :D mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think I put a little to much cocao in mine but othen then that it's pretty good
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah you've got to watch the cacao, just add enough to make your protein and oats brown. if you want a safety net for the sweetness then just add stevia

Yeah already put steiva in it. I just added the usual one teaspoon of cocao to one scoop of whey but next time I'll do a 1:2 ratio. I blended my peanuts into a fine dusts accidentally as well but it worked out good lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Gave it a go, and f u cked it up hardcore somehow. Too much protein to oats which made it hard to compensate so I put in too much peanut butter. It'll be ok but way less next time. Maybe only 4 scoops of protein power to 1 cup of oats. And 1/4 cup pb and 2tbs honey.

We shall see

I'm going to stop making this as I've eaten two full batches this week... Too tasty for my liking.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are u guys using unflavoured protein? that's why ur using cocoa?

Anyway, making these now. They're setting in the fridge atm. Man, they're sticky as ****. Will report back later on taste.

Mike what ingredient list did you follow? Cause 8 scoops of protein is a huuge amount. I cut out some of the powder cause there was so much.

Made these for the first time today. the 8 scoops of protein seemed like a huge amount, i had to double check the video. wondering if I can coat it with something so the finished bars are less sticky.

My little tip cause mine were stuffed was to grab a plate full of oats and roll em in that. Worked pretty well. Still sticky as hell. But not as much.

Mine seem to come out great (sorry to boast) for some reason. I have an old scoop from optimum nutrition and use it for 4 scoops of unflavoured whey then add in cocoa and rest of ingredients. After refrigeration I find they are hardly as sticky, I then cut up and freeze for the week.

I was going to drop it to 4 scoops. 8 seemed way to excessive. I'll give it a go again with 4 and see how that works out. Still mighty tasty though.

I used the following:
1 cup quick oats
8 scoops ON whey
1/3 cup natty Peanut Butter
3 tbsp natty honey
3/4 cup whole milk
40g sultanas (chopped)
30g almonds (chopped)
35g wheatgerm

I used the following:
1 cup quick oats
8 scoops ON whey
1/3 cup natty Peanut Butter
3 tbsp natty honey
3/4 cup whole milk
40g sultanas (chopped)
30g almonds (chopped)
35g wheatgerm

The only thing I would change is maybe use whole oats, and also brazil nuts instead of almonds (extra selenium!). but yummm

I got eight scoops of whey and 6 teaspoons of cocao. Tiny bit of steiva but the honey does the sweetening job.
Posted via Mobile Device