• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Popping the big Q

Hey fella's
Just want to know who out of our ausBBers are hitched?

Did you go balls out on proposing? Were as nervous as I am :D?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Scott your too cute brother! Do what MysteryGuitarMan did and do it via a movie proposal!

I can't remember if I was nervous, it was 13 yrs ago. From memory I had a bit of fear she'd say no. Instead she said "what took you so long!". We'd been going out about 3 yrs when I popped the question, and it never occurred to me once that she was waiting on me to ask!

I didn't do one of those amazing proposals you hear about. Dinner and show at the Sydney Opera House, then proposed in the Botanical Gardens. I wanted to make it a surprise but she said she could tell something was up. I never go to ''shows at the Opera House" for a start, and I'm definitely not into Beauty & the Beast (she hated it as well lol).

Good luck mate!

Cheers man. We've been together for 6 years........ It's probably about time :D
Posted via Mobile Device

It all depends on the girl, you could always rent some shitty girly romance movies where the girl gets proposed to and see how she reacts to different ones.

Or since you should already know here you could just use your knowledge.

My wife and I were engaged by mutual decision on the Gatton Bypass during a drive from Brisbane to Toowoomba.

4 years this month...

I proposed in a hotel and got down on one knee and all that. I was more excited than nervous :)

I proposed in march this year, over 8 years after we first met!

She had been wanting to go to NZ for years, and as soon as we had the flights booked I knew that was the time to do it.

One bloody freezing cold rainy morning in Christchurch, we booked in for some punting on the Avon river for later in the afternoon. I didnt think the weather would clear, but it turned out to be a perfect afternoon. I had my mind set on doing it on the river (the proposal guys, minds out the gutter!!) but it wasnt very private with some teenage boy listening to our every word. We finished up and walked around the botanical gardens and I popped the q while sitting on a park bench, didnt have a ring so didnt see the point of getting my knee wet!
She pissed herself laughing the bitch, I didnt know what to do so I asked again and she said yes, was pretty funny, then we went shopping for a ring and eventually found one in Queenstown.

The hardest part was asking for permission from her dad, after I had already pooped the q! All worked out well though, I even made the comment during my engagement party speech that there would be another 8 year wait till the wedding, didnt go down too well with future father in law!

Gaton bypass how romantic... I would prefer the Esk turnoff myself.

I've got a custom ring being made at the moment out of my great grandmothers diamonds. I was thinking as my partner already knows because some people can't keep their mouth shut that when we pick up the ring I straight away get down on one knee and say "I can't wait a second longer to be engadged to you?" too corny?

It's either that or I try the bypass thing..
Posted via Mobile Device

The best way I think is to do it
the way you feel comfortable with.

If that's a 5 star restaurant or a camping
trip..

What matters is what you convey..

I wish I did the camping trip.. humm..:rolleyes:

She proposed to me on my birthday. She took us out to where we'd been on our first date several years before - the first pub, then the first restaurant, then the walk along the river, then we came home, and later on she pulled out a box with a ring that was to be my wedding ring. I can't remember what she actually said. I said yes. Been married almost a year.

married 6 years next month. i was very nervous. later she told me if i hadnt proposed when i did she was going to ask me.

Q to the guys that are married or about to get married...do you already know ur going to get married but its just about when u do....me and my gf have been together for 3 yrs...and we have told eachother we will marry eachother we just have to wait for the right time...i.e when both of us have finished uni etc etc

I guess what im saying is it a surprise to them that your asking them or is it just a matter of time when you did/will ask them...

i was engaged at one point, we both knew we would get married, for us it was just when i would propose. she knew i would just didnt know when , where or how. after 6 months enagaged all went down the poop shoot and she said bye.. lol.... oh well thats life

Scott,

If its any consolation, my wife and I were dating for 10 years before I proposed... We were living together for the last 5 of those too.

But if I can make any suggestins it would be to do the whole down on your knee formal proposal thing around something romantic. She won't say no, so go all out and give it the bells and whistles. She'll remember it for the rest of your married lives.

My wife and I had been together for so long already and she used to always say she didn't want to get married so I was genuinely concerned she would say no. So, I wimped a bit and bought a ring but gave it to her one night after a party, didn't even go down on one knee. She made me get down on one knee then accepted. She's a bit like that, love her spirit. In fact, she made me buy a bigger better ring too and then propose again with it. In the end I had to propose three times I think until I got it just right and public enough, but every time she said yes. ;)

Go for it mate, changes everything...

Oh, and PowerSports, NOW is the right time. You never magically realise its the right time, things just get comfortable and the moment loses its edge. The earlier the better once you know you want to get married.

Cheers,
Mike