• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help please - home gym

gtrb26dett

I have decided to turn one of the outside sheds into a home gym set up. They only problem I have no clue what equipment to get, what is the best, what kilos I should get :confused:

Any suggestions, I just want to start off basic, I'm not that strong. Goals are good overall tone

If your serious, a power rack, bench, olympic bar and some weight will get you started. Go to gymdirect, that's owned by thehulk, just speak to him and I'm sure he'll help you out.

Good luck

If your serious, a power rack, bench, olympic bar and some weight will get you started. Go to gymdirect, that's owned by thehulk, just speak to him and I'm sure he'll help you out.

Good luck

Sorry to sound stupid what is a power rack?

Depends on what you want. Do you want to lift heavy or do you like weighted cardio activities?
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you go to PTC at all? If so Markos can help you out. If not look into some kettlebell, dumbbell it barbell complexes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Their is a massive home gym thread in the general topic sub-forum. Check that out, plenty of killer home gyms in there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gtrb, I've read back through your posts and it doesnt sound like you have a great deal of experience with fitness in general. I'd suggest going and doing a few sessions with Markos (PTC) or registering with your local crossfit affiliate for a while until you know what you want to do.

Dont forget flooring! So you're not worried about cracking the slab incase you have a drop.

Go and see Markos GT, he knows his shit.

If you want to get toned, diet will be key.

Read through all his newsletters on his website too, good information.

I have been to him I want to go but the drive is little to far & he makes me so tried the next day there no way I could get up at 3.30am after seeing him at night. I hate driving so thought home gym

Can someone send me the home gym link

It is not to see him every workout, but talk to him first then go in for a session ask some questions and he will give you some advice. You can always turn up every month or two for a revision from him, or just do it via email.

I think its a good idea to work out at a propper gym for a few months untill you know the ropes. Thats what I did. My problem was that during exam time or times Id go 6 weeks without training, then fall so far back. Thats why im building a home gym, no more excuses, but I already have the knowledge to do proper good form exercises. Remmeber you dont need that much equip if you know what exercises target what body parts.

Katherine has trained at PTC before, and her boyfriend trains here currently twice a week.

She knows what she needs to do, no use sending her to me. Information isnt her problem.

In this thread she just wants to know what to buy.

-Power Rack
-Barbell (best you can afford & maybe an el cheapo for rack work)
-Kettlebells (adjustable/classic)
-Rubber Flooring
-Plates (bumpers best but Rubber Coated if on budget)

This is a good basic set-up. If you find it's lacking you can always add more gear later, but its all you would really need. Have I left anything out?