• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who's been knocked around by the flu

Grippy

Fat Member
My question is, who on here has been knocked around by a flu, cold, bug, wog etc. lately and how long did it take to get back into the swing of lifting properly?
Ive had a bad bout of the flu along with a chest infection since Tuesday, wife and kids copped it too, just slept and hardly ate for 3 days and felt bit sluggish until yesterday, tried to keep up the milk quantity though, feel like Ive bloody shrunk which sucks because my last back session before getting this crap I finally busted out a 190kg dead, getting ever closer to the 200kg.

i have it now , started off with a nose full , sneezing , and now i have lost my voice

I had a really bad bout after Nationals. Took me about 4 weeks to fully recover from it. With it brought me a host of other things due to a compromised immune system, so I'm still getting over it.

Training is pretty much back to normal. Infact I nearly pulled a PR and am above what I did at Nationals allready, just yesterday. And that was AFTER a Strongman competition.

I've had a chest thing for like two weeks now, nothing major but I randomly go into coughing fits. So annoying!

after a wave of gastro 8 weeks ago the kids, wife, and myself have been cycling flu, sinus infection and chest infections. the youngest had bronchitis thrown in for fun too. this weekend is the first we seem in the clear.

after a wave of gastro 8 weeks ago the kids, wife, and myself have been cycling flu, sinus infection and chest infections. the youngest had bronchitis thrown in for fun too. this weekend is the first we seem in the clear.
Passing it around to each other hey, that seems to happen in our house too. Going to have short easy workout today, might be just some burpees, DB bench or something just to get the blood flowing again, not jumping back into 20 rep squats too early this time.

Not even a cold this year.
I cannot really explain it, other than regular use of beconase.
Posted via Mobile Device

sick for a week. haven't trained for 2.

started back today and obviously strength was down. took 5kg off my previous workload.

history for me shows 2-3 sessions to catch up.

nice having no DOMS and full range of motion for those 2 weeks though haha!

Sinus and chest infection for over a week now :( Still lifting just fine though, but my cardio fitness has gone down the toilet.

Seems to be a few bugs going around hey, many people having to rest. 4 and 6 weeks recovery above, that must have been bloody awful.

Poor guys, I rarely get the flu or a cold. So nothing this year, did watch the whole household go down with a bad case of the flu at the start of winter, good fun for the non sick one.

Over winter I was sick for about 4-5 weeks - started with a cold, then got a throat infection....was out for a good 3 weeks...but couldnt get rid of it for like 4-5 weeks like I said.

Just got over pneumonia, I spent about 10 days on the couch and was pretty crook for a good 3 weeks.

getting over my cold now , getting tired of blowing all the snot out of my nose, the snot rag is getting water logged hard trying to find a dry spot

this morning i woke up and coughed up an oyster , all day been couging them up so i am on the home stretch to recovery

still got a little bit of a cough but all up i am feeling good

getting over my cold now , getting tired of blowing all the snot out of my nose, the snot rag is getting water logged hard trying to find a dry spot

this morning i woke up and coughed up an oyster , all day been couging them up so i am on the home stretch to recovery

still got a little bit of a cough but all up i am feeling good
Yeah the coughing sucks balls, still got the cough even though the rest of its gone, 20 rep squats today cleared out the chest. Both kids were crook as hell too, doc called yesterday and said the tests he did on my daughter (he is a very thorough kid doctor) came back positive for swine flu and that we all would have had it. Ah well got that bug out the way for the next time it kicks off.

This is a depressing thread! Reminds me of my winter.

I sorted my diet out completly by the end of winter and my gf has been sick twice and both times I didn't get it. Felt a little run down after training more so then usual but I think I'm ontop of sickness now "touch a huge piece of wood"
Posted via Mobile Device

Got some sort of virus for the past couple of weeks, felt weak and lethargic.

Strength seems to have returned the past few days though.

Lot of people sick at work