• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tendinitis or Tendinosis / Tendin pain anyone?

poopoohead

I have suffered severe Tendinitis in both my arms, so I have over the past few years managed to tailor a Bodybuilding workout which still ensures mass gains and strength whilst almost totally avoiding those movements that hurt and inflame the problem more.
My right arm has now all but totally repaired after being in pain since 2003. and my left not far behind. The good news is you don't have to stop lifting!!

Here is an article I found on tendon pain which I found pretty handy in confirming what it was I was actually dealing with.
Bodybuilding.com - The Truth About Tendon Pain. - Dr. David Ryan

However if you want to see how my work outs isolate the problem away from irritation I dont mind going in to my method in more depth, if anyone is interested.
I am 105kg mostly muscle from 76kg when I first started to lift in 2002.
My arms are in good proportion to the rest of me and do not lag. However it was a long a painful process, both Mentally and physically to get to where I am now, especially when everyone I was talking to was telling me to stop. that I would have to rest for 6 to 12 months.

I have made a routine which is flexible and delivers results, with minimal pain.

Thanks

I wouldn't mind seeing what you have done.

Personally I think you should have probably tried to correct the issue rather than working around it.

I suffer from it in my forearms.
Proper form, warming up and warming down are crucial.
Also if it gets to a point where the pain is unbearable take time off, in the time ice it and don't lift.