• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Women's Self Defense/martial arts

E

Emma

My local gym will be starting up a Women's Self Defense/martial arts in the coming weeks , i was thinking of signing up both for the self defense(and to kick the boyfriends ass ;) ) also thought it would be a good cardio

So do any of the girls here at Ausbbpractice any martial arts disciplines?
Do you think that it helps or hinders with your weight training ?

Also which disciplines do you practice

Women's Self Defense/martial arts, the one that was held at my local gym was self defense taught a few moves to use in case you got attacked while it did give a good workout i wouldn't really call it a cardio workout

Women's Self Defense well hopefully you'll never need it , but its always good to have that background

i did taekwondo when i was younger the studio was just around the corner then we moved so i dropped the lessons , only recently took it back up for a cardio workout i don't think it would do much good , but breathing and focusing it helps and gives a bit more confidence and self esteem

not too sure what art the course is , i think its just self defense