• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Zone Gym in adelaide

ernie9

Howdy,

just wondering if there is anyone from adelaide that is going to Zone Gym at Peter Ingalls and is serious about their weight training and knows what they are doing?

I only joined up about a week a go and have been doing more cardio but would love to get into weights. (5'6' at 63kg)

BUT...i wouldnt know where to start or how much to lift. So if there is anyone here that would be intereted in giving me a hand that would be awesome.

Cheers

Kyle

Hey mate,

Im in adelaide but train at Revive on Marion Road.

In terms of how much weight to start with. Start with the bar and work your way up. This way you will hopefully have proper technique and not jump into something that is too hard for you.

Add 2.5kg - 5kg each session (as it gets heavier it will more likely be 2.5kg jumps).

I started with a broom stick for squats before i even moved onto the 20kg bar. There is no rush :)

Goodluck with it dude.

Hi BJ,

Thanks..

At the moment i have been doing the Body Pump Class (My fiance wanted a partner to do it with).

I can manage to do 10kg Squats easy as (bare in mind these are high reps so cant be to heavy).

Thanks for the advice as well..I am also just after a workout mate. Makes things a little more interesting, having someone to chat to. well how i feel anyway.

Gday Ernie.

I used to live in adelaide and would have been happy to show you through some of the full body lifts ect. Im a little distance away now but head back quite regularly. Ill PM you next time im down and id be more than happy to run you through them. As BJ said start light and perfect form first. This will illiminate any injuries or bad habits early. Those classes are a great way to up your fitness levels. There are heaps and heaps of videos on here of members doing good quality lifts....eg bench press, military press, squats, deadlifts ect. This will give you some idea of tecnique for now.

Another thing you will get hit with on this fantastic site is DIET...whats it like??

haha gday Alex,

Thanks and yeah that would be great next time your down.

I was waiting for the diet question..Been reading quite a few post and some of teh comments about diets can be amusing especially from those "no it alls". :p

Bascially for me diet is pretty crappy. I have Cystic Fibrosis and gaining weight is not as easy as i would like it to be. Through my life us CF's were told to eat every fatty food we could. eat as much shit as possible and that will help you keep your weight on.

I have got a little better with this and have been eating more chicken breast meals and pasta. I have been having shakes twice a day, (Banana, Blue Berries, Strawberries, 400mls full cream milk and 2 scoops ice cream).

I havent got any whey as im not 100% sure what is good and what actually works.

But with me now going to the gym to do body Pump and also i have started cycling to work (20km a day) and with a lot more i will need to consume a hell of a lot more calories to keep the weight on.

I dont want to get huge, i just want to look more fuller and bump up my self confidence. Not that its a problem but i feel a little left out as im the smallest in my group of mates.

I dont want to get huge, i just want to look more fuller and bump up my self confidence. Not that its a problem but i feel a little left out as im the smallest in my group of mates.
99.99% of trainers don't get huge. Getting huge is the least of your problems.

dave,

my lung function is sitting at 63%. Im very proud of that as a lot of my close friends that have CF are sitting in the 40's or even on the transplant list.

So i do a lot of cardio and now just wanna do weights to help with my bone density (CF's suffer from osteoporosis) and also to open up my chest.

What sort of advice would you have shrek...Im open to anything

So while the diet question came up?

Anyone wanna give me some advice..Im really trying to eat more but not very easy when your appetite is minor.

.Im really trying to eat more but not very easy when your appetite is minor.
Small frequent meals is the best way to get more calories and keep blood sugar levels stable, or drink some milk between meals.

As a beginner, i recommend you do a diet plan to make sure you are getting the right amounts of nutrition. Find out your daily recommended calories and add about 300 to it. Then get about 50 percent total of your calories from carbs. 30 percent from protein and the other 20 percent from fat.

"Anyone wanna give me some advice..Im really trying to eat more but not very easy when your appetite is minor."

Something such as almonds, milk ect. are not very filling but high in nutrition.

Have you got a weight training program sorted out?

As a beginner, i recommend you do a diet plan to make sure you are getting the right amounts of nutrition. Find out your daily recommended calories and add about 300 to it. Then get about 50 percent total of your calories from carbs. 30 percent from protein and the other 20 percent from fat.

"Anyone wanna give me some advice..Im really trying to eat more but not very easy when your appetite is minor."

Something such as almonds, milk ect. are not very filling but high in nutrition.

Have you got a weight training program sorted out?

i have to advoid all nuts..as im allergic. I am drinking alot more milk.
At the moment i am doinf alot more cardio training but would eventually like to do something along the lines of markos beginner plan.?????

i have to advoid all nuts..as im allergic. I am drinking alot more milk.
At the moment i am doinf alot more cardio training but would eventually like to do something along the lines of markos beginner plan.?????
I know how you feel here mate, I'm allergic to nuts too, and eggs. There is still plenty of protein rich foods to eat though champ. As already stated, drink bucket loads of milk, chicken, fish, beef, kangaroo steaks etc. As for the appetite, I used to be the same, never had much of an urge to eat much, as my training progressed I started to feel hungry all the time.