• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

pain during/after deadlift ?

nathanblogs

Recently when I start getting heavy on my deadlifts I get a pain/soreness in my right lower ribs ( in the muscle not the bone ), it doesn't seem to effect any other exercises, I can kinda feel it doing rows. Basically its enough to stop me from trying to lift the weight and then I psych myself out cause I don't want to hurt myself, although I already might of :(.

It goes away after a couple of hours.

Is there something in my form that could be causing this, should I go see a doctor ?

I was getting the same problem after having some time off, for me it was just my core getting used to the extra stress and adapting. It is fine now. Maybe you are moving up too fast and not letting your body recover enough?

Tell us a little about yourself, diet, training, height weight age etc. Im sure you will get more responses with this info

Well I've been going to the gym for almost a year now with no real plan until recently, I started off doing the fancy bs like bicep curls and other crap which is pointless at my skill level. So for the last ~3months I have been focusing on compound exercise.

Height: 194
Weight: ~100

Current schedule:

Basically I have 2 routines, which I rotate and repeat 2 times a week.

Sunday:
- Deadlift
- Shoulder Press
- bench (bar)
- pull ups
- front squats

Monday:
- squats
- incline bench (single dumbbells)
- chin-ups
- Dips
- Rows

Wednesday: Same as Sunday
Thursday: Same as Monday

I will also through in some random super sets and different exercises from time to time.

Current Goals:

Target Date: 1/12/10 (3months, started on 1/9/10)

dead lift - 200x5 ( My 1RM was 180kg when I started)
bench - 100x10 (never did 1RM for bench)
squat 150x10 (My 1RM was ~140kg when I started)

To achieve this I am going to start doing 5x5 and continuously increase the weight every session (2.5kg for squat/dead and 1.25 for bench), therefore I will be start at about 60-80% of my current maxes.

Current weights:

Dead - 5x140, 5x140, 5x160, 5x140, 5x140 ( I should be able to do 5x5x160
Bench - 5x90, 5x90, 5x90, 5x90, 5x90
Squat - 5x100, 5x100, 5x100, 5x100, 5x100

Diet: Not a measurements person, my diet isn't super strict and I wonder from this abit, but 4-5 days/week this is it and I am trying to get it upto 5-6 days/week

Breakfast - Oats/scambled eggs, milk, protein shake and 1-2 fish oil

Meal 1 - chicken and veggies

Meal 2 - 2x canned tuna and a banana/apple.

Meal 3 - chicken and veggies

Dinner - Random food

Before bed - protein shake, handful of almonds, multivitamin and 1-2 fish oil

I normally have fruits and nuts for snacks during the day.

Last edited: