• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat Pain

Jim_Junkie

Today I started getting this pain when I was doing squats. It's like something I've never felt before. At the bottom of the squat I was pushing back up and I felt this searing pain like some one had just branded me with something hot. It's around the groin area and can be on either side, once it happened I put my hand on where I had felt it and could feel my pulse strongly. I thought it was maybe a one off so I tried again and as soon as I went to push back up there was this feeling off heat / pain so I had too stop.

I googled it and found someone describing the same thing I felt Groin Pain During Squats? - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

It was really bizarre, does anyone know what I might have done?

What MikeW doesn't know about testiculus relocatus isn't worth knowing. He's our resident expert on this painful injury. Send him a PM and he'll steer you in the right direction.

When ever DKD gets that burning groin feeling it is usually not exercise related, well at least not exercise in the traditional sense :p

You should go see a doc, it could be a hip flexor or it could be a nerve issue, it could be many things (coughgonarreheacoughcough) but just get it checked out to be safe. If the doc can rule out anything major then you should be fine.