• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Push up variations: Knee push ups

kindred

Does doing pushups on your knees help to build strength in the same areas that normal pushup build strangth?

I can only do 2 or 3 push ups max as I weigh a lot. One of my many goals is to be able to do 50 push ups non stop. Will doing knee pushups help at all or should I stick to doing 2 or 3 regular push ups?

Does doing pushups on your knees help to build strength in the same areas that normal pushup build strangth?

I can only do 2 or 3 push ups max as I weigh a lot. One of my many goals is to be able to do 50 push ups non stop. Will doing knee pushups help at all or should I stick to doing 2 or 3 regular push ups?

I think they help if you can do zero normal pushups. But since you can do 2-3 normal ones I would just do more normal ones. Maybe do something like 10 sets of 1 push up. Add sets and reps until your volume gets up. It's worth sticking at your pushups they are an excellent exercise.

I have a mate who couldn't do one (he was a big boy too). He kept working at it adding 1 rep everytime, and doing knee pushups after, and once he got to being able to do 10 in a row it was smooth sailing. He can do 50 no problems now. He was also doing boxing training on top of that so thats another factor. Pushups are very functional.

Cheers mate

Will bench press help my push ups? or will push ups help my push ups? I havent done bench for ages cause I know I can build it up to a respectable weight. So all my efforts have been with things i have troubles with like squats and deadlifts.

pushups and bench are a similar motion, they will help each other..BUT pushuops use a lot more core muscles, as mentioned they are a great exercise.. Most people fail on the core factor rather than the chest tricep strength when starting them.

I would do what ever is heaviest first, or what ever you get the best range of motion from.

Ie bench, then push ups, then knee pushups, then I would try and do plank holds, for aslong as possible, a solid core will help heaps for push ups,