• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lifting less after a few days rest?

Daniel.308

Hey guys

Well I train weights Monday, Wednesday, Friday and from what I have noticed in my lifting pattern all my lifts seem to improve on Wednesday and Friday's lift sessions... On Monday (after 2 days of rest eating quality food) I feel a WHOLE lot weaker than what I do on Friday...

Is this normal for most people? or do I just have the genes of a Jnr Schwarzenegger lol?

Cheers

why dont you try training from mon to fri and have the weekends off? this is what i do and my lifting patterns are always consistant

If you are lifting the same or more weight on a monday that you did on a friday I wouldn't worry about it.

Okay thought I would bump my old thread up...

I have always had a problem with lifting the same weight as I did on Friday...

For example...

My first working set on my squats

I did 3x10 - 75kg on Friday - It was hard but I would say it was about 95% of my max, my form was good etc.

Today (after 2 days rest and eating like an animal) I did 3x10 - 75kg - I got to 5 and started bending my back over and my form went out the door - its just I know I did 10 reps on Friday so I try doing them 10 reps or more the next session and it sort of sets the bar and you would think you raise the bar after the next session yet it is harder and for me to complete the same 10 reps I did the session before I now need to use bad form to get to 10...

It honestly puzzles the fuck out of me...

I would be interested in any of you guys opinions as this is always the case yet today was a bigger difference than normal...

Cheers

Sounds like you are either not recovering enough or you need a super stimulus.

My body feels fine, if anything I need to train ANOTHER day...

I feel no DOMS if I eat how I am eating now (everything and everything every 2-2.5hrs)

Its pretty damn weird.

I feel no DOMS

DOMS has nothing to do with recovery, just comes due to unaccustomed work being performed ie you just lifted for the first time in months.

If you don't feel fatigued, don't have trouble sleeping etc then you are probably fine recovery wise.

DOMS has nothing to do with recovery, just comes due to unaccustomed work being performed ie you just lifted for the first time in months.

If you don't feel fatigued, don't have trouble sleeping etc then you are probably fine recovery wise.

Maybe just give it time then?

I feel fine in regards to sleeping etc.

I might buy a kettle bell and do some light kettle bell work on Saturday night or something...

Because I have been training M/W/F for the past 4-5months so I think my body should have adapted etc.

Thanks for the help so far by the way!

It is an interesting conundrum. Usually after a weekend most guys are refreshed. Have you been out drinking?

It could be a mental block, you are sub consciously thinking you get weaker without training.

The only real reason you should be lifting less after 2 days is fatigue and since this is an ongoing thing you are either chronically fatigued (which it does not sound like) or have some weird issue I have never heard of.

It is an interesting conundrum. Usually after a weekend most guys are refreshed. Have you been out drinking?

It could be a mental block, you are sub consciously thinking you get weaker without training.

The only real reason you should be lifting less after 2 days is fatigue and since this is an ongoing thing you are either chronically fatigued (which it does not sound like) or have some weird issue I have never heard of.

Haven't drank in 12 weeks exactly :rolleyes:

I feel refreshed every day... I doubt it is fatigue...

I might just change up my workout on Monday to something that isn't identical to Wednesday/Friday that way I won't know how much more or less I'm lifting after Friday's session... Maybe change the reps & sets etc (might need to ask Markos)...

The thing that annoys me the most is that I am excited and all to workout and then that first set of Squats in the gym just burys my confidence into the ground...

Maybe you've got yourself in that mindset? I go in with the attitude, I am gonna rip some weights up, and throw everything I have at it. I always see the weights go up. Listen to some metal :)

Maybe you've got yourself in that mindset? I go in with the attitude, I am gonna rip some weights up, and throw everything I have at it. I always see the weights go up. Listen to some metal :)

I do too...

Until the squat dominates me...

I guess I'll just eat heaps next weekend, plan my meal timing perfectly for that day and see how I go...

Also do you guys know if sex would effect your strength?

Cause my mate (does curls and takes NO explode) says not to have sex around gym time cause it will effect your intesity...

Not the most reliable source I know, though thought Id'e put it out there...

Cheers

You getting some before gym? Are you some kind of gigolo Daniel? Keep the sex for post workout.

Daniel without cutting you down you have a 75kg squat. Its not surprising you have a weak monday, you're new to the movements and lifting is still more neural to you than muscular.

Just keep plugging at it. I'm all for conditioning workouts x1-2 a week along with weights (kettlebells, sprints, bag work or some high intensity activity) but I'm not going to advise you do an extra workout because fucking with the program when you cant squat 3 discs is almost always a bad idea.

Just stick with it. Reevaluate where you are in 6 months time when your lifts stall and go from there.

Last edited:
You getting some before gym? Are you some kind of gigolo Daniel? Keep the sex for post workout.

Not really a gigolo (I would love to be one, though don't think I was born with the natrual hardware), though the girls I talk to take about 2-4days before there in the back of my car loll

There called gangas ;)

And chill I do have standards. So don't go thinking I do fat chicks.

Daniel without cutting you down you have a 75kg squat. Its not surprising you have a weak monday, you're new to the movements and lifting is still more neural to you than muscular.

Just keep plugging at it. I'm all for conditioning workouts x1-2 a week along with weights (kettlebells, sprints, bag work or some high intensity activity) but I'm not going to advise you do an extra workout because fucking with the program when you cant squat 3 discs is almost always a bad idea.

Just stick with it. Reevaluate where you are in 6 months time when your lifts stall and go from there.

That does make some sense I guess..

Though I have been training for 4-5months, I went from body squatting to 75kg in that time...

Is that normal?^

Cheers for the response