• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weird thigh (quad) pain

confuzzl3don3

Ok so i believe i've gone and done something funny to my left thigh. Ever since last monday i've had this weird soreness/pain to it. It's basically running down the middle of the thigh primarily closer to the hip. I'm not sure if it's a quad injury or what. It feels kind of strange, sort of like a bit of pain but not exactly debilitating. If i try to tense it though for example in the standing press when i want to tighten up everything before pressing it just sent a sharp stabbing pain through my leg, but for things like squats its more a nagging kind of feel. I've tried massaging the shit out of it, but any other ideas or what it might be?

Ok the pain in my left leg seems to have flared up again after yesterday's session. I think i've isolated it more as adductor pain rather than quad as its mainly near the groin region. I think the pain was just radiating slightly or that my quads may have also been slightly compromised that i felt it down the middle of my leg as well.

So i get some discomfort/pain when i squat down (even without), but the funny thing is that as i continue squatting more, the pain seems to go away. The discomfort mainly arises when i reach near the bottom of the squat (maybe about the level of a half squat).

Do i need to lay off squatting heavy until this **** heals up again, sigh.... Would it be possible to get away with using deads as a substitute so ie. warming up with squats sort of like the Starr rehab protocol and then switching over to do 3x5 relatively heavy deadlifts since they don't hit the adductors as much? Or would that not be conducive to recovery or would be too taxing on my back or what?

The funny thing is that i can squat through the discomfort/pain, but if quite definitely puts me off from putting 100% effort into my squats because of it.

Mate, just take a week off squatting. That would be far better than doing any further damage. After a week, if it hasnt gone, go see a physio.

Mate, just take a week off squatting. That would be far better than doing any further damage. After a week, if it hasnt gone, go see a physio.

Should i still be deadlifting? It's mainly groin pain so even a more narrow stanced squat seems to impact on it less.

Take a week off all lower body exercises, ice it if it flares up and see how it goes. Paullie gave you good advice. It could just be an adductor strain but without some time to start healing it won't get better and will probably just get worse.
Posted via Mobile Device