• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wrist Pain

TheGiftToLift

Acute pain in my wrist joint right infront of ulna(?) - bone on the right hand side of this pic:
wrist-xray3.jpg

I think it's due to bench technique. It flares up when I use bars (DB seem to be ok because I can slightly angle my wrist). I was doing SLDL yesterday and it flared up, so I switch to alternating grip (golfers grip) and it seemed to make it better. Anyone got suggestions for rehab?

Can't rehab it without knowing what the real issue behind it is. You need an assessment go see a physio or exercise physiologist.

Some basic stuff to start with though.
Any accidents in your past happen to the wrist?
What kind of pain (sharp, dull, throbbing etc)?
Where is it exactly (in the joint, in the muscle around the joint)?
Does it hurt at other times (morning, night, sleeping)?
Do you do much repetitive hand movements at work?

Once those are done you can look into your lifting specifics.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hm had similar issue myself and I went with dumb instead of barb for about a month..went back to barb and pain was gone...

Try to figure that out...