• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cramps in abs....

180sx kid

over the last few months occasionly I have been getting cramps in my upper abs... Its is quite severe and it looks like a massive lump like somone is inside my gut punching out the skin goes that raised....
why would this be occuring in this area.... I do have fairly big abs compared to most but dont know if this has anything to do with ti... just curious as to why this would happen in this area....

You should get that checked mate, it could be a hernia/ruptured abdominal muscles where the abdominal wall attaches to your ribs (never heard of it myself as I have not looked into hernias much but its just a theory going by your description). Go to your doc, pronto.

after a heavy squat session I often get cramps in my abs but never get the "alien" look you are describing...As Dave said best bet is to go see a Doc

That brings up a good point have you been attacked by any little alien creatures that clamp onto your face?

As johnnie said the cramping is not an issue but since you have this bulge it could be something serious.

Go see your Doctor brother, if it is a hernia (I'm praying for you it isn't) then if your not careful it can get incarcerated and then your in trouble. If it occurs when your straining yourself or there is increased intercostal pressure (pressure in your stomach) then that's what it may be.

Get it checked as soon as possible and good luck

its my abs popping out.. deffintily not a hernia.... if it happens too much ill get it checked but it usually happens after big workouts ... It doesnt affect my lifting one bit.. I dont even know its there until it pops out haha

Sounds like what I had...After a heavy session my hernia would pop out. But once again Doctor will be able to say yes or no.

it is my ab popping out not a lump on my ab.... I have 8 abs.... the top left one near my rib cage pops out like your flexing your arms except it flexes pops out by itself whilst its cramping.... Ill keep an eye on it anyway.