• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cough & Chest cold cures

Ben

Woke up this morning with a stuffy chest and a cough.

Now I've got a booming headache and sore eyes to go with it.

How to cure?

Sleep all day?
Mega dose vit C?
Eat fruit and veg only?
Drink fresh fruit juices only?
4 hour long sauna?

All help appreciated. Want to knock this on the head before my young bloke gets it :mad:

Ben,

Yep, all good ideas. I personally haven't done the sauna thing but does of Vit C and fruit and veg coupled with loads of sleep seem to do the job. I think we're more prone to these sorts of illnesses given the intensity of the workouts we're doing. The body is constantly in shock and is working hard just to recover and grow so our immune system is weakened and more prone to contracting airborn illnesses.

I've added 2-4gm of Vit C to my daily supplement list every day now and hope it will help my immune system.

Get well mate. Wouldn't want to overtake your lifts just because you were laid low. I like a fair fight... ;)

Cheers,
Mike

vicks vapor rub
wont cure it , but will help with the symptons
the common cold you have to let it run its course , currently there is no magic cure for the common cold let the body fight the infection

remember reading a article saying that science has given answers to a lot of things , but two that have gone un answered are why a cat purrs and a cure for the common cold

heaps of sleep
heaps of food,
heaps of fluids
stay warm
stay home

bad news is your boy and wife will probably already have it.

It won't help you now but you should invest in some glutamine from our site sponsor, keep your immune system running 100%.
Posted via Mobile Device

bad news is your boy and wife will probably already have it.

I know :mad:

Touch wood, they haven't so far.

Spent all day in bed yesterday, booming headache, sore joints, was freezing cold even though I had two blankets and the electric blanket on high...

Went to the docs this morning, I have a viral infection. No antibiotics will help he reckons, just rest and heaps of white meat.

Virus = eat less food drink lots of water take an antibiotic to avoid secondary infection

Bacterial infection = eat food and drink as normal but take antibacterial

If you want to do either option without drugs consume lots of garlic as it may help kill any secondary infection.

In case you fellas missed it in my last post, the Doc said antibiotics wouldn't help.

I've been consuming 1-2L of fresh juice a day - generally, to make 500ml takes 4 large apples, 2 carrots, and half a stick of celery.