• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ladies; have you got it right?

Fadi

About a year ago now I wrote a small article called
Mirror mirror on the wall…This time though my message is related, it is slightly different.

model_anorexic_bikini.jpg

mirrormirror.jpg

Take home message: men, be honest with yourself, listen and know when someone has your interest at heart. Leave that inflated mirror for the one with an inflated ego to match; and ladies, don't be too hard on yourself and likewise, listen to one who has your interest at heart instead of one who is simmering with envy and jealousy of what you've got or the potential that you possess.

Most of us have that awesome winning machine deep within us, but all we have to do is set it free and let it realise its magnificant potential. However I'm sad to say, that we more often than not trap and lock this would-be Champion with the lock and key of doubt!

It's time to set it free...

Fadi.

Funny that Fadi... I am the complete opposite... I see myself like the women image.... yet everyone tells me im ripped , machine etc..... somthing up in our heads that we just cant accetp ourself..

Reminds me of the mirrors at my gym: http://ausbb.com/general-topic/12125-fat-slim-mirrors-gym.html

Well, with Australia being the fattest country in the world, I really doubt that our ladies are that hard on themselves, especially after I've talked to women from other countries.

There's fat and then there's feminine. I think most women get them mixed up no thanks to the media's portrayal of the “ideal” woman! I don't like to see abs on any woman since that would indicate a fat level that is too low. Men on the other hand have no excuse not to have abs showing. That’s my opinion.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Interesting post Fadi. Being 30 weeks pregnant and having put on about 10 kgs so far has given me some food for thought lately. I've generally had one of those skinny builds and have never weighed over 60kg, so to see the scales tipping over the 70kg was an interesting experience at first! Yet when I look in the mirror, I don't look any different to my pre-pregnancy self except for the basketball in my stomach. I look and feel glowing and healthy which I am so grateful for. So the scales can go and get stuffed... I'm not going to have my life dictated by them (or a lying mirror)

When I was in my early twenties I was like the woman in the top picture... looking back I probably had some anorexic tendencies as I reduced my cals to under 1200 per day, joined a "thinspiration" forum (don't ask), and starved myself to under 55kg. The skinnier I got, the more unhappy I was. Thank goodness those days are long gone now!

a few more differnces between men and women
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Tzarr1Vmzo&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Tzarr1Vmzo&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Bahaaa...Haz...it's funny cos it's true! Although I do 90% of my dry off in the shower cubicle, leaving only two slightly damp footprints on the mat!