• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC Rep Challenge Comp

PTC

Okay, a client of mine has been able to secure Oakley gear as a prize for another comp, with all proceeds going to our trip to the WPC Raw Worlds in September.

The comp is quite a simple one and is aimed at the average gym lifter, not the competative powerlifter, although anyone that lifts weights will do well.

The comp will consist of the 3 main lifts, squat, bench press and deadlift.

First up, the Squat. We will load the bar to 1 1/2 times bodyweight, and the lifter will do as many legal squats as possible. The lifter must hit parallel.

Second up, the bench press. We will use bodyweight on this one.All reps will be touch and go. The lifter will lower the bar till it touches the chest, then pressed to lockout.

Lastly, the deadlift. The lifter will use double bodyweight and do as many reps as possible. No bouncing, the bar starts from a dead stop, the hands cant come off the bar. As with the squat, I will give the lifter a hurry up if he is stalling too long.

Lifter with the most total reps wins.

First prize is a pair of Oakley Oil Rig sunglasses in white with black irridium lenses, retail is just over $200.

I also have Oakley T Shirts and a cap. So far the total prize money is around $350. There may be more to come.

The comp will be held at PTC Frankston, 21 Stansfield Crt Frankston on Sunday the 1st of August.

This is 2 weeks before the Nats, and a rep comp should not affect your lifting for the Nats. If it does, you possibly shouldnt be competing at the Nats.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Rob and Vicki for supporting PTC and Max as much as they do.

Entry cost is $30, and please let me know if you plan to compete.

Cheers

Markos

o_oilrig_whtextgry_08.jpg

oakley-silicon-cap.jpg

:(.
I wish PTC was in brisbane, or I was in melbourne. Everytime I try and organise something like this, it fails hard.

Looks like fun, good luck to everyone.

P.s, I think I'd get about 12-15 reps accross all 3.

So you reckon around 40 reps Scott. That would be competetive.

I too wish I had a PTC in every state. I had a guy in QLD try and buy a franchise off me once, not sure it would work.

Maybe later

Okay, a client of mine has been able to secure Oakley gear as a prize for another comp, with all proceeds going to our trip to the WPC Raw Worlds in September.

The comp is quite a simple one and is aimed at the average gym lifter, not the competative powerlifter, although anyone that lifts weights will do well.

The comp will consist of the 3 main lifts, squat, bench press and deadlift.

First up, the Squat. We will load the bar to 1 1/2 times bodyweight, and the lifter will do as many legal squats as possible. The lifter must hit parallel.

Second up, the bench press. We will use bodyweight on this one.All reps will be touch and go. The lifter will lower the bar till it touches the chest, then pressed to lockout.

Lastly, the deadlift. The lifter will use double bodyweight and do as many reps as possible. No bouncing, the bar starts from a dead stop, the hands cant come off the bar. As with the squat, I will give the lifter a hurry up if he is stalling too long.

Lifter with the most total reps wins.

First prize is a pair of Oakley Oil Rig sunglasses in white with black irridium lenses, retail is just over $200.

I also have Oakley T Shirts and a cap. So far the total prize money is around $350. There may be more to come.

The comp will be held at PTC Frankston, 21 Stansfield Crt Frankston on Sunday the 1st of August.

This is 2 weeks before the Nats, and a rep comp should not affect your lifting for the Nats. If it does, you possibly shouldnt be competing at the Nats.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Rob and Vicki for supporting PTC and Max as much as they do.

Entry cost is $30, and please let me know if you plan to compete.

Cheers

Markos

o_oilrig_whtextgry_08.jpg

oakley-silicon-cap.jpg

Bold - LOL nice one mate!!!

I saw a deadlift for rep comp the other week and they really struggled on the rule of the lifter resting at the bottom or top - if the bar rests at the bottom or top will the lifter have to stop?

As far as the ladies go, only Nina lifted last time.

In case any woman wants to compete

Squat bodyweight
Bench 75% bodyweight
Deadlift 1 1/2 x bodyweight

I'll allow a couple of big breaths, then he'll be told to go. If he doesnt, it stops there.

Ive done 11 bw bench presses before, would do 5-10 1.5bw squats, never done a 2xbw dl :/.

Markos you should have something everyone in Australia could get involved in, make it simple, like a bw bench for reps competition, entry by video, you have to shows the weights, and load the bar up before the lift, you get to count how many legal reps there is. $5 entry.

If that works, it can only get better.

Its doable, I may have a crack at that next year.

I have contacts at gyms in different states

Muscle pit in WA

Shire Speed and Strength in Sydney

Powersports in Canberra

Jeff Lams new gym in Brisbane

I'll have a think about it

Markos,

If someone were to buy a Brisbane PTC franchise off you I'd go. Wish you were up here mate.

Great comp plan BTW. But I'm a weak old man and wouldn't be competitive. I think at a push I could do about 6-8 bodyweight bench presses, about 5-6 for 1.5 bodyweight squats but would only manage about 2-3 double bodyweight deads. Around 15 all up, so your big guys would beat me in multiples on the bench alone. ;)

Look forward to reading the results when you post them up though, always inspirational.

Cheers,
Mike

Ive done 11 bw bench presses before, would do 5-10 1.5bw squats, never done a 2xbw dl :/.

Markos you should have something everyone in Australia could get involved in, make it simple, like a bw bench for reps competition, entry by video, you have to shows the weights, and load the bar up before the lift, you get to count how many legal reps there is. $5 entry.

If that works, it can only get better.

Nina has squatted bodyweight, 60kg, for 40 reps.

She or Max wont be winning though, they may compete.

Markos,

If someone were to buy a Brisbane PTC franchise off you I'd go. Wish you were up here mate.

Cheers,
Mike

Markos and the regular lifters MAKE PTC. You could never replecate that. What I am going to try and do is replecate the garage (in a shed :D), which I hope will get the same type of motivated lifters, thus creating the same atmosphere.
Markos once said, all he wanted was to build a gym that HE would love to train in. Thats what I want.
Ill be in Maleny/caloundra area though.

Its not simply about winning, no comp is. You get stronger by competing against those stronger than you.

Remember, only one guy can finish first, but anyone can leave a winner.

Markos and the regular lifters MAKE PTC. You could never replecate that.
I here ya and agree completely. Would be nice to see a similar mentality in a garage up here somewhere though. I'm rapidly losing patience with FF and the lack of lifters there. No support, no assistance, no spot, no aggression, no chalk, no lift form guidance, no experience... you get the idea.

I just want to lift big and get big with a bunch of blokes that will tell me I'm a pussy when I fail a double bodyweight squat but will slap me on the back and say well done when I nail one with good form they've helped coach me on. Now that's not too much to ask is it! :)

Cheers,
Mike

Are you PA guys allowed to lift.

I know Paul recently competed at a Strongman event and didnt get in trouble, as he shouldnt, but a couple of PA lifters got in some strife for lifting in a 5 lift comp at PTC.

I've never had a powerlifting comp at PTC, only Strongman and 5 lift ( with powercleans and push press)

If Paul can compete in a non IPF sanctioned event, can you guys? Its not powerlifting either, so is there a difference I dont know about?

I would love to have you strong guys come by my gym, if I can ascertain what the exact ruling is, I'll make sure to cater for you all.

At the moment, I'm a little confused.

Paul, can you clear it up, and congrats on your second place at the Strongman, looked like a fun day.

I'll be there. I won't be lifting but ill help out with anything you need.
Posted via Mobile Device