• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is Exercise Giving You a Headache?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Nothing sabotages your workout like a throbbing headache. Although exercise can cause pain, it can help ease it as well. Learn the surprising connection between the two.
By Melissa Roth
How Does Exercise Cause Headaches?

Twenty minutes and two miles into Liz Carroll's fifth 10K race, the 34-year-old found herself slumped on the sidelines, a blur of runners passing her by. With a stabbing pain in her left temple and a wave of nausea weakening her resolve, she couldn't take another step. That initial twinge of pain she'd felt at the starting gun wasn't jitters after all: It was a migraine.
Approximately 45 million people in the United States suffer from chronic headaches, including migraines, and a surprising number -- 70 percent -- feel the pain while exercising, says a recent National Headache Foundation survey. How is it that exercise, a universal pathway to well-being, can also trigger one of the most common health problems -- a headache?

Is Exercise Giving You a Headache?

Very interesting thank you Graeme. I actually get a headache and a rise in blood pressure after either shrugs or upright rows. The connection is obvious as both of these exercises place my neck and trapezius muscles under tremendous stress and cause me tension headache which leads to a rise in my blood pressure. I've learned about this correlation long time ago by tracking/logging workouts, feelings, and moods.

Fadi.

DELETE we dont need people making anymore excuses not to exercises!!
I don't think the article will make less people take up exercising , the only people that will take note of the article are those that had no intention of exercising in the first place and are just looking for any excuse to use

Headache while training

I had this problems for many years tried all sorts of fixes , untill i found out about my atlas bone so i found where i could get this put back in place and now no headaches or joint pains or back pain , now my training is more enjoyable.

Alec