• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Seeking Natural Therapies?

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
Dont know where to turn?

head over to

Natural Therapy Pages - Australia's no. 1 natural therapies site

For a list of alot of Natural therapists around your areas...

Nutrition
Detox
Herbalism
TCM
Lymphatic drianage
Sports Massage for injuries..

List goes on and on..

I personally reccomend once fortnightly sprots massage if you can afford it. I will be doing it form now on to help prevent the issues i now have.

Enjoy.

THE DOCTOR OF THE FUTURE WILL GIVE NO MEDICINE, BUT WILL INTEREST HIS PATIENTS IN THE CARE OF THE HUMAN FRAME, IN DIET AND IN THE CAUSE OF THE PREVENTION OF DISEASE´
-THOMAS EDISON-

Last edited:
Good stuff n00bs.

I would add that if money is a problem (or even if it isn't) that one of the best places for treatment is to go to a Student Clinic.
We would operate a clinic every Wednesday open to the public (costing a measly $18 for the hour session!!) and they are great. Keep in mind that we were not "qualified" - at least not officially, but still performing treatments the same as if we were.

The first few sessions I'd skip until students get their eye in (first few are quite nerve-racking to perform!!) but after this then you're on a pretty good deal!

Good stuff n00bs.

I would add that if money is a problem (or even if it isn't) that one of the best places for treatment is to go to a Student Clinic.
We would operate a clinic every Wednesday open to the public (costing a measly $18 for the hour session!!) and they are great. Keep in mind that we were not "qualified" - at least not officially, but still performing treatments the same as if we were.

The first few sessions I'd skip until students get their eye in (first few are quite nerve-racking to perform!!) but after this then you're on a pretty good deal!

I had a stuent massage the other day, It was only good when the head guy came in to demonstrate something,, cost $35 $18 i would of been happy just for relaxation purposes.. I paid $80 last time im sitll sore 2-3 days later from it he really did me over...

Ok relaxation studant maddage , problems, sports thrapist....

Where are these 18$ massage btw>?

Depends who you get (class stars or bottom of the ladder) as to what quality of treatment you'll get - but even with rebates and health insurance you would be pretty lucky to get the total coming out to $18 like it was for people at my TAFE. You'd have to do some searching to find as I don't know Sydney.

Though if you can find a therapist with an interest in the weight room they are worth their weight in gold. Having a practical understanding of gym related problems does give advantage over one who doesn't that's for sure.

Depends who you get (class stars or bottom of the ladder) as to what quality of treatment you'll get - but even with rebates and health insurance you would be pretty lucky to get the total coming out to $18 like it was for people at my TAFE. You'd have to do some searching to find as I don't know Sydney.

Though if you can find a therapist with an interest in the weight room they are worth their weight in gold. Having a practical understanding of gym related problems does give advantage over one who doesn't that's for sure.

Yeah thats why im happy paying 80 an hour atm for someone who deals with sports massage..

That's fine mate, but my point is there is a difference between someone who does "sports" massage and someone who is a lifter themselves (or has a detailed knowledge of it) who can provide "sports" massage also.

I am just a little uneasy as what people pay for their service - being that I work on clients who pay $130 for the hour - and no matter how good they are - $130 is far too much. I am by no means the best at what I do, but I do know that my treatments have been of a much higher quality the more I am involved with the gymnasium and working on other lifters especially.

Cheers, Nutter

That's fine mate, but my point is there is a difference between someone who does "sports" massage and someone who is a lifter themselves (or has a detailed knowledge of it) who can provide "sports" massage also.

I am just a little uneasy as what people pay for their service - being that I work on clients who pay $130 for the hour - and no matter how good they are - $130 is far too much. I am by no means the best at what I do, but I do know that my treatments have been of a much higher quality the more I am involved with the gymnasium and working on other lifters especially.

Cheers, Nutter

Of course!

No doubt about it ..

Nuts, I'm coming to the Nock so you can massage me, it will only cost you 30.OK?