• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

TrentZor

Im sure alot of u guys here get compliments from different people (male/females)..

Whats your standard reply? At the gym today some dude looks like his new to the gym/training..

new dude - Hey mate your in good shape been training long?
ceffo - nah not long under 3 months
new dude - bulls**t u must be training longer than that
ceffo - Nah sorry not much man :D
He walks off.
I think im a prick and continue the set. :cool:

Just asking so i can add to my current arsenal and avoid the topic all together.. I hate talking about training when im in between sets at the gym.. especially to people who look like they havent trained seriously before..

I'm not much of a people person , people give me the shits lol , my normal reply is thanks mate and continue on with what I am doing

Hmmm, I get a mix of compliments but others feel threatened and try to get physical. :|
Its good to hear the compliments sometimes as you can track your progress with people you know but you haven't seen for a while.

"I've only bee training for two weeks - gonna stop soon - don't want to get too big".

I'm the opposite when it comes to people, all people. I'm genuinely interested in what they have to say and find the variety of personalities really fascinating and challenging, which as I've said many times on this forum just adds to my growth as a human being.

There's always a way to accommodate someone as in the example you've given ceffo, to some it comes naturally, while to others it's a struggle and they would do what you have opted to do and that is avoid the whole situation (encounter) with few closed lines.

This is not about my way is better than yours, but rather my way suites me perfectly and yours does fit you perfectly. For us to change would mean some play acting would be added to the mix and that is not something I'm ever prepared to do.

Fadi.

I don't really get complemented on how I look, the name sticky suggests why :D

I do however get complimented on my lifts if I wonder down to an actual gym or have a new person come round.
I like being complimented on my lifts, it motivates me to lift more :)

Last edited:
All,

Not been complimented at the gym (yet). That's
cause I look like 'sticky' as well (68Kg).

Although, I get complimented from my group of
friends! I get "damn you look like you lost weight".
I say thank you very much. If they want to know
what I've been doing I say how much do you want
to know? Here's the 3 minute version and explain!

Some other ppl say you look like you've put on weight!
I say thank you; tha's cause I've been hitting the weights
hard. If they ask again I give the 3 minute version and
then if they want, I'll elaborate further. No issue.

I love talking 'training'. Especially with guys/gals who have
attempted it in a practical sense!

Devante.
P.S. that's why I'm here talking to all you gals! :p

alright, i'm getting better at this mental catch up, but I still don't deal with compliments from women too well. To be honest, I get shy and try to change the subject. Lol I don't yet know how to respond like Ceffo or players in general.

e.g
At work we just had a Morning Tea and it's casual dress day. I rock up in a tight shirt... and when I got the food, I just took a little bit of salad (as i've already eaten).

This pretty lady (a colleague I had my on for a long time) saw what I took and said
"is that all?"
I go "yea, i've already eaten"
She then goes "come on..have more. With a body like urs, u can eat anything". And then she poked me in the abs a couple times.

After blanking out for a second, I just proceeded to talk about the meal I had before and the reason i'm not hungry...lame i know.

Ok next time say you need to say:

I don't think it is that good.
Then lift up your shirt to show your abs and say
What do you think?
When she goes blank for a second that means it's photocopy room time... I think you can take it from there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok next time say you need to say:

I don't think it is that good.
Then lift up your shirt to show your abs and say
What do you think?
When she goes blank for a second that means it's photocopy room time... I think you can take it from there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah.. Dave you da man! :eek:

By the way BoyfromAus is talking about 'flirting'... as far as
I'm concerned.. not a 'compliment' in the true sense of the word.

Devante.

Last edited:
alright, i'm getting better at this mental catch up, but I still don't deal with compliments from women too well. To be honest, I get shy and try to change the subject. Lol I don't yet know how to respond like Ceffo or players in general.

e.g
At work we just had a Morning Tea and it's casual dress day. I rock up in a tight shirt... and when I got the food, I just took a little bit of salad (as i've already eaten).

This pretty lady (a colleague I had my on for a long time) saw what I took and said
"is that all?"
I go "yea, i've already eaten"
She then goes "come on..have more. With a body like urs, u can eat anything". And then she poked me in the abs a couple times.

After blanking out for a second, I just proceeded to talk about the meal I had before and the reason i'm not hungry...lame i know.

Dammit BFA.. Havent you picked up anything here from ausbb? :p

Nah its good your getting compliments from people. It raises your self esteem up as well. As i said before your one of the bigger improvements ive seen in awhile. Losing all that fat and gettin ripped. :)

Just give it time padawan and u will have women bending over with their thongs accidently hanging out in the copy room in front of you. :eek:

Reminds me of a time a blonde i used to work with when i was single:
Blonde - Guess what ceffo?
Ceffo - What?
Blonde - Pulls the side of her g-string over her black work skirt and says im wearing a zebra color like it?
Ceffo - Suuuuureeeee.Do u like these guns? I do a biceps flex for her
Blonde - Dammit ceffo stop doing that. Your turning me on.
I ended up shagging her at the xmas party in the disabled toilets.. Man if u guys EVER need to shag at work do it in the disabled toilets. Its soooo roomy and u get the place to yourself.
(True story!!)

Dammit BoyfromAus your in your prime man. Dont let it all go to waste!! Tap iiiiTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah.. Dave you da man! :eek:

By the way BoyfromAus is talking about 'flirting'... as far as
I'm concerned.. not a 'compliment' in the true sense of the word.

Devante.

lol yea, she was flirting coming to think of it.
That shirt idea presented by Dave seems very logical. damn it, i missed a great opportunity to screw her in ther Printer room haha.

Dammit BFA.. Havent you picked up anything here from ausbb? :p

Nah its good your getting compliments from people. It raises your self esteem up as well. As i said before your one of the bigger improvements ive seen in awhile. Losing all that fat and gettin ripped. :)

Just give it time padawan and u will have women bending over with their thongs accidently hanging out in the copy room in front of you. :eek:

Reminds me of a time a blonde i used to work with when i was single:
Blonde - Guess what ceffo?
Ceffo - What?
Blonde - Pulls the side of her g-string over her black work skirt and says im wearing a zebra color like it?
Ceffo - Suuuuureeeee.Do u like these guns? I do a biceps flex for her
Blonde - Dammit ceffo stop doing that. Your turning me on.
I ended up shagging her at the xmas party in the disabled toilets.. Man if u guys EVER need to shag at work do it in the disabled toilets. Its soooo roomy and u get the place to yourself.
(True story!!)

Dammit BoyfromAus your in your prime man. Dont let it all go to waste!! Tap iiiiTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!! no way, that actually happened? you're a great inspiration to my life haha.

alright, i'm gonna start being a lot more pro-active from now on. I went blank today, but i wont let it happen again...

LOL!!!! no way, that actually happened? you're a great inspiration to my life haha.

alright, i'm gonna start being a lot more pro-active from now on. I went blank today, but i wont let it happen again...

Trust me man.. All the females at work gossip about the male "talent" in the office. Like us dudes do with the females.
Once one finds u hot your like a red flag to a bull use it to your advantages.
LOL im a bad bad man!!

female: hey boyfromaus you have a nice body

answer 1: yeah i know (smiling, cocky)
answer 2: yeah its not bad is it (say this while mimic looking around for a mirror and posing)
answer 3: Ahhh your so nice, thankyou so much. Will you come home with me? I need someone to do my laundry (say this at your own risk)
answer 4: Hey, thanks sweetheart! You are obviously a woman with great taste.
answer 5: Thankyou (confidence)