• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squats are better for fat loss than Cardio

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
I am not a fan of cardio form fat loss.
Whomever has read my journal knows that since January I have been on calorie restrictions trying to drop fat mass. So far I have lost 11kg (106-95) without any cardio. I have simply manipulated by diet and persisted with heavy resistance weight training based around compounds.

This article may be of some interest to those who believe cardio is a neccessity for fat loss.

Last edited:
What Cardio Does
Cardio doesn’t make you eat less – you’ll probably be hungrier and eat more. If you are training with weights, cardio won’t make you stronger – you’ll probably be weaker. If you are eating more and losing strength then you are getting fatter. That is just math.

Good link Shrek.

Lol at fasted cAffinated for cardio.. Oh I lol. Will read article when I'm on a computer but I like the sound of it so far :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I've always done sprint backs when i wanted to up my fat loss (sprint a soccer field, jog back). Has never failed, and if I wanted fat loss only thats what I'd do.

I'm a strong believer in conditioning, even if its only doing boxing lessons along with weights x1 a week.

(note: this is no ****ing approval for long distance running or elliptical bs).

All training is cardio the word annoys me so much.. Aerobic or anerobic training both work the cardiovascular system...

Yes bikes and runners need to be shot. Sprinters... Now that's a different story
Posted via Mobile Device

All training is cardio the word annoys me so much.. Aerobic or anaerobic training both work the cardiovascular system...

I have to agree there.

[/QUOTE]Yes bikes and runners need to be shot.
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]

Settle n00bs, Have you ever consider yoga ? ;)

I have to agree there.
Yes bikes and runners need to be shot.
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE]

Settle n00bs, Have you ever consider yoga ? ;)[/QUOTE]

Hardest thing I have ever tried in my life. I got shown up by pregnant women. Shame!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Weight training makes you hungrier, too. All activity during which energy is expended ultimately stimulates your appetite. "Cardio makes you fat" is broscience at its finest.

Just another "me smart, you poopyhead" article. Training should be based on the individual's capabilities and goals. Some will require time walking or running or swimming, some not. It's true that cardio is given too often by its cheerleaders, but the same is true of weight training.

I have seen overweight sedentary women in their 40s prescribed endless hours of cardio. This was stupid. I've also seen them prescribed hammer curls. This is just as stupid.

Capabilities, goals. Consider those. Then add common sense, and don't pretend there's only one way to do something.

Weight training makes you hungrier, too. All activity during which energy is expended ultimately stimulates your appetite. "Cardio makes you fat" is broscience at its finest.

Just another "me smart, you poopyhead" article. Training should be based on the individual's capabilities and goals. Some will require time walking or running or swimming, some not. It's true that cardio is given too often by its cheerleaders, but the same is true of weight training.

I have seen overweight sedentary women in their 40s prescribed endless hours of cardio. This was stupid. I've also seen them prescribed hammer curls. This is just as stupid.

Capabilities, goals. Consider those. Then add common sense, and don't pretend there's only one way to do something.

Whats wrong with hammer curls provded the rest of her routine was ok...

Running makes you fat in the long run, it isnt bro science it just is.. People that are looking for quick fixes run do long aerobic exercise eat like crap ect loose fat.. They also lost muscle so now there TMB is lower.. SO now once they go back to their ways as everyone does they gain more fat and this time have less muscle mass

Repeat cycle and you end up OutOfControl....

There is only 1 way to do things if u want to be able to eat more then a carrot and a lettuce leaf in your life and that is maintian muscle mass.

Its a no brainer...

If someone can eat 8000 calories a day of good nutritous life preserving food it is going to be more benefitial then someone who eats 1300 calories of lettuce and gets heavier...

I have tried both... I know what 1 works..

Ask Jman about his love handles and all the runnnig he did...

But like you said it depends on peoples goals and how you want to look after them as a client. Your clients goal might be to actually move through out the day.. Mine might want to eat 5donuts a day instead of 10... Just because it is these peoples goals does not make it justified and still not retarded.

And even if it is last time i checked broscience was the best thing we had in terms of knowing whats best.. BEcause last time i checked government recommendations for exercise were gardening and a walk..

Last edited:
My gfs parents (bring out the grandma anecdote) do low intensity cardio - the dad cycles and the mother rows, they eat healthy too. Both are fricken rakes, but they're still heathly.

Kyle, your argument reeks of everything that is wrong with democracy. Despite believing that they are all beautiful and unique flowers on a biological level everyone is the same. Squatting, benching and deadlifting along with some form of conditioning just works better than any other shit around.

They might have 'different goals' but unless that goal is to look like a famine victim theres nothing wrong with proper weights training.

Weight lifting is for people who want to 'bulk up?' I dont see a lot of 'huge' guys and girls on this forum, but I do see a lot of lean 80-90kgers who look like they could appear in mensfitness. Last I checked that was what the 200kg man wanted wasnt it?

*clicks 'refresh' over and over again on the page until kyle_aaron's response appears*

Last edited:
Just because it is these peoples goals does not make it justified and still not retarded.

that has got to be one of the most retarded things i've ever heard you say. So if somebody's goal was x & you thought it was retarded...then it's stupid?

the best form of cardio is like a bad bj, it doesn't exist

Nice link! :)

As soon as I saw the site name and their image on the left I knew which mob they were. I drove past them in the Valley on the way to a friends house and quickly scribbled down their name as they looked like a decent company. Reading their blurb I can tell they are, though they sound expensive.

Interestingly, they preach squats, bench and deadlift as the core exercises with the intent of lifting heavier regardless of reps. I think Markos' PPP will stand me in good stead! ;) And they're specific about their diets down to the gram which is something I agree with.

I'm doing alright on my own and with the support of this forum at present, but its good to know who this mob are and where they're based. I bookmarked their page.

Oh, and I already 100% agree that heavy weights and a calorie and compositionally controlled diet are the best way to go about body recomposition. I'm walking that talk right now...

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
that has got to be one of the most retarded things i've ever heard you say. So if somebody's goal was x & you thought it was retarded...then it's stupid?

the best form of cardio is like a bad bj, it doesn't exist

edit

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgQhyquS9Ms&feature=related[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0KOfTV1dbc"][/ame]

Last edited:
Well. learn to control your rage....

Why no one here would cop retarded insults from people in real life, so why is it ok for people to have this "forcefield of idiot proteciton" around them on the internet...

This is the reason wankers talk shit and leave retarded comments on message boards because there is no one to kick their head in sitting at home..

Anyway, If someones goal is to eat 5 donuts a day it is a retarded goal...

If someones goal is to look like a bodybuilder doing 5kg cable cross overs it is a retarded goal..

If someone wants to be an olympic lifter and practices with pussy weights for life it is a retarded goal..

If i want to be a powerlifter through training with 60kg deadlfits, it is a retarded goal..

Simply because the goal and path you have chosen is retarded,unatainable impossible or simply it was a spastic goal to start with..

Last edited: