• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

friends problem

dat111

about a year ago all my friends went driffrent ways they either got invovled with drugs,moved away or went to jail i was invloed with a very wild crew but after they all left i started up body buliding i fixed my diet and started my journey to live a of fitness and good health.

i know alot of people in my year and they are my ''friends''.

the problem is they never invite me anywhere they never call me even they have my number and if i ask whats going on this week end they just change the subject,and it annoys me alot so im always stuck at home i also play football with them but they never turn up to training and its shit,

sorry for the rant boys but i have no where else to turn

about a year ago all my friends went driffrent ways they either got invovled with drugs,moved away or went to jail i was invloed with a very wild crew but after they all left i started up body buliding i fixed my diet and started my journey to live a of fitness and good health.

i know alot of people in my year and they are my ''friends''.

the problem is they never invite me anywhere they never call me even they have my number and if i ask whats going on this week end they just change the subject,and it annoys me alot so im always stuck at home i also play football with them but they never turn up to training and its shit,

sorry for the rant boys but i have no where else to turn

Why spend time with dick heads anyway?

I dont know any advice for picking up blokes...

In your life you will generally have a handfull of friends you can probably count them on 1 hand.. Then you will have people that come and go and 1 billion acquaintances that are nothing to you..

Dont stress the little things be happy with your self and you will find decent people who care about you...

I had an uber reply for you champ. But it got way personal and side tracked :p

basiclly, what noobs said. They don't really sound like friends, so don't be to worried. People just grow apart. It's a fact of life.
What this means is, it's freed up some space in your life for new, healthier friends. Do you have a missus? Do you go to a local gym? I'm sure you can find plenty of mates, especially if you play sport.
Posted via Mobile Device

Better to be alone than in bad company. Ive given plenty of people I used to spend lots of time with from school the flick because they refuse to grow up and stop being dickheads. (One guy was 22 and still egging houses/cars of people he had a problem with rather than going to their f**king door or confronting them about the problem that was usually caused by him in the first place. Especially the case when girls were involved)

Like the others, I dont have much experience with picking up blokes either....new friends just pop up from nowhere sometimes. Generally friends come about from being involved with something for a while and getting to know each other gradually over time. School is the best example. But sports, TAFE, uni are the places teen and adult blokes mix most. You could try some el cheapo weekend or night coarses at TAFE or a local community college. Airbrushing, mechanical, guitar, drums, carpentry, language whatever takes your interest. The subjects will give you an idea of what sort of people you will meet. But generally, dickheads dont want to learn anything so you should be right in that way.
If its really worth it (you may like it too much though) and have the time and flexibility in your job have a crack in the reserves in the ADF if that takes your fancy, the problem being there are cocks on all branches of the ADF too. But what are two things guys like to do?
1.Get fit and trim to pick up chicks with impressive dog tags and funny stories and:
2. play with guns and explosives.
Army guys are a passionate lot that like to hack the sh*t out of each other on a constant basis for little or no reason. A friend of mine who joined invited me out for a night with em one night and it got a little out of hand once the drinking got heavier, but what a good friends for? I've never been in the military so I cant tell you specifically what they do, but they have to work in close teams to function properly.

Steal their girlfriends and you will have their attention.

What Tall Tim said - go do a course and find many new blokes to hang out with and many new girls to bone.

I wouldn't get too hung up about it mate. You'll look back on this when you're a bit older and wonder why you even bothered worrying about those guys.

You will more than likely get some decent friends when you start working so don't sweat it.

thanks alot gents:)

im only 17 so im still at school and at the end of this year im gunna look for a job probley labouring or something as i love manuel labour.

i was doing to join the adf but i didnt want to as ill miss my home town and family and the girls:)

I'd suggest trying to get an apprenticeship as a builder or carpenter or something if you enjoy manual labour.
That way you get to enjoy your job plus get a trade. The money you could earn will be far more with your trade too.

That aside, I agree with what the other guys said :)
All the best mate

Mate its good that you have gotten rid of them, moved on and begun a healthier life. So much ahead of ya mate, in 10 years you will be struggling to remember the clowns names.

Exact same thing happened to me about 2 years ago, but let me tell you its for the best, im much better off without them.

thanks alot gents:)

im only 17 so im still at school and at the end of this year im gunna look for a job probley labouring or something as i love manuel labour.

i was doing to join the adf but i didnt want to as ill miss my home town and family and the girls:)

In that case you have slot to learn about people.. And it will never stop. most are tools the rest are fools but there are good people out there just hard to find. Concern yourself with more importan things lime grand theft auto and deadlifts and fast cars :)
Posted via Mobile Device

My high school friends were gay. High school takes kids with extremely different personalities/backgrounds and sticks them in a 2-3km2 radius for numerous years. Most of those 'friends' are going to be worthless.

Many years ago i was in the same path , mixed up with the wrong group of friends , one day i woke up to myself realised that there was more to life and wanting more out of it i took the next step , i stop associating with the crowd and headed down my own path

I took up bike riding spent countless number of hours out riding around , my cycling route took me past the gym one day i decided to stop in to see what prices were like , i was amazed at how cheap it was to join

and here i am today , those friends i stop accociating with are now big time junkies and jail birds , heck even one of them killed his grand ma

All i can suggest is do what makes you feel best , in life friends come and go but your health is forever

It's easier said than done i know , being 17 etc but don't give into peer pressure , be happy with who you are and the direction you are going

I don't know how it is with guys picking up friends. My bf has picked up new friends just by joining a car club and has made friends that have a common interest but the weird thing is guys will randomly come up to him when his washes his car and start talking to him and then they give him their numbers but he never calls those guys lol

With me I just find friends like I went on one car cruise just started talking to a guys gf and now we hang out all the time and are going to NZ together. Other time few social events I have just gone by myself and made friends, few my horse club made heaps of friends.

You just have to be out their, nice, approachable and willing to talk to people you don't know and be like we should do coffee sometime (with you maybe train sometime) I'm 25 your 17 not sure what its like talking to 17 -18 you don't know they can be very immature and don't like people that aren't in their in group but my age group is different...

Join a club you have an interest in

ive always been more mature then the ''average'' 17 year old i can sit down and talk about politcs etc.

the boys i play football with are like 20-30 so i get along with them heaps well.

im very easily approacble but just stay outta my way for some reason

Ive been one of those loser friends also. As Admin mentioned, my so called friends are hardcore junkies now. It was hard leaving but no doubt the best decision ive ever made. I still wonder today what they are up to but I know its no good. For them, they were only your friend when it was convenient for them... But i wont get into that lol.

Im happy to be your friend. Feel free to add me on msn dtra84@hotmail.com

ps. I have a blue card LOL