• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Article for aspiring PT/Strength Coaches

"The typical new gym member comes three of four times on schedule, misses the next two workouts, comes one more time, and then never comes back."

... says Rip, and he's right.

I'll do what I can to keep clients around in my new workplace. Most people are not gym members, they're gym sponsors - they pay to keep the place open even though they don't use it. Disappointing, but... Well, I'll do what I can. I agree that lack of results is a major cause of people quitting, and that barbell training will give results - tangible if not dramatic early on.

It'll be interesting to see the approaches the current trainers take there. There does seem to be some barbell stuff going on...

Have to feel out the culture of the place first. When you're first getting into the boat you don't want to rock it ;)

I've had quite a few guys start since our results at the Vics.

One has not missed a session in his first month, twice a week, 40 min drive. His dad lifts with him, work interrupts (copper)

The other has made every one of his twice a week sessions for 3 weeks.

One has missed his last 4 sessions lol, another made one session, missed the next. A pair of others only came once, fair hike though.

Its a mixed bag really. I have one more starting next Friday, with the goal of increasing his DL, he is only doing one a week for now.

I've never kept score to be honest.

Generally, if someone lasts a month, they last a year. I have quite a few that have been there well over 2 years, Jimmy, Sean, Nick, Kat, Mick, Jason, Jordy, Vicki and a heap that have been there over a year, too many to list. Over 75% of my current clients.

I also have some that have stopped then come back, Brian and Josh just started back after an 8 and 12 month hiatus.

You'll find out how fickle some can be soon enough

Oh, I know just how fickle people can be. I was just curious if the garage gym with someone with personality running it does better in keeping people sticking to it - I'd imagine it does.

Not sure as I've never worked as a PT in a commercial gym, only as an instructor, the last time in 1984 lol

I've definitely found that by lowering the price allowing a lifter to train more often allows them to get better results, thus stay longer.

If a client can only afford 1 session a week, theyre not going to see as much progress as 3 x week. Obvious.

So I reduced the rate, got them lifting in teams more often, they did well at the States, I got more clients.

So initially my income dropped, but I felt it was neccessary to grow the business.