• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Metal Militia Bench Press Training

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
After seeing the other metal militia thread I had a think about the program - just wondering if many ppl had run it? What sort of results have you had?

I know Jonnie said he does a variation of it?

Heres what I have found: -

Day1:

Raw bench - working upto a 3rm - if 3rm is good then 2.5-5kgs is added for another attempt at 3rm

Incline - 5 x 5

4,3,2,1 boards - working through the boards - working upto 4rm on 4 board then 1rm on 3,2,1 boards - depending on soreness will depend on if you work through all 4 boards in one session.

Shrugs - whatever
Triceps - whatever

Day 2:

Close grip bench - working upto a 3rm (warm up to shirted work)

Shirt on - doing 3-5 reps to get into right grove - then working into some doubles then a single. 5-20 sets (depending on how things go)

4 board - max out

Rack lockouts - working upto a 3rm - 6-10 sets

Upper back
Shrugs
Triceps

Joel,

I found MM very good for learning the shirt quickly (bare in mind that it was a single ply F6) whilst continuing to improve my raw strength. However I'm sure there'd be no issues with heavier shirts....

you may like to consider limiting your shirted sets to a maximum of 5 and instead of running triples, doubles, singles each week run each number of reps for three weeks then have a deload week where you go raw on shirt day. When you are coming upto a comp (4 weeks out) work upto a heavy 3 reps on close grip instead of 3RM then put on the shirt.

This is what I've found works well for me but I'm no bench master....