• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Quest for a stronger press bill Starr

do people think an overhead press is good for powerlifting (bench press)? i heard seated overhead lockouts are good for benching

I do not know that off the top of my head, there is a good new method to find out what they are though it is called google... try it out :D

I do know he was one of the first NFL S&C coaches.

I do not know that off the top of my head, there is a good new method to find out what they are though it is called google... try it out :D

I do know he was one of the first NFL S&C coaches.

I couldn't find his best bench, but I don't think he could do as much as the metal milisha guys

Far too many people making money off this legendary strength coaches programs. Far too many.

Fadi aside, there is not a lifter on here could hold a candle to Bill Starr.

Bill Starr is a legend. Did olympic lifting (only national? cant remember). Set a national American record in the deadlift of 666lbs / 302.7 kg. Was strength coach at American football team. Wrote the classic book Only The Storng Survive which I proudly own. How could you not have heard of him? Bloody kids..

Last edited:
oh well, someone broke his record. maybe thats why he isn't very famous. Ronnie Coleman could probably do 50reps with that.Posted via Mobile Device

BillStarr-squatdeep.gif

Fadi.

oh well, someone broke his record. maybe thats why he isn't very famous. Ronnie Coleman could probably do 50reps with that.Posted via Mobile Device

True. But he wasn't a powerlifter. He was an olympic lifter and rarely did the lift in his training if at all. I believe he would squat 500lbs+/227kg at the same meets while in the 198lb/90kg senior class which is where he set the national record.

Imagine if was on the same amount of gear ronnie used.