• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Help / Advice on picking up

BoyFromAus

sup folks,

I need some advice from the players and pimps here (like Ceffo) on how to hook up with women at clubs. Any help is much appreciated.. particularly on how to open a convo, read signals and the type of swagger to use. I guess this is a bit of a vent session as well and a self evaluation.

Bit of my history. When I was fat and ugly, my swagger was the 'down to earth fat, nice guy' swagger. Women would smile (or laugh) at me. I could comfortably start a convo with chicks in a club, make them laugh and think i'm friendly. Ok ok.. they just thought i was a teddy bear. None the less, back then I had a gf and was never able to do anything with club girls.

But now, although I'm no Markos or Fadi, i'm in best condition ive ever been in my life... stronger, muuuch Leaner, more vascular, much better sculpted (went from lard to hard)... and in my humble opinion, better looking than most those alcoholic dudes last night.

so anyway, I hit the dancefloor after the game and it was so different compared to the last time i went clubbing (over a year ago). I was just dancing on my own in a corner less crowded spot. There were women who would look at me, dance near me and get closer. But when I looked back or turned their way, they'd look away and pretend i wasn't even there. It happened several times and then I was sitting at the table for a bit.. and this chick comes and sits in the seat next to me (although there were other empty seats) but she wasn't making any eye contact or anything.. once again, like i wasn't there, she just sat.

I had no idea on what to do because i had no idea what it all meant.. was i missing clear signals ? or were chicks just being themselves and I just had the illusion that they were digging me.

None the less, I could've responded, just didn't know how.

So yea, please.. any advice is much appreciated on how to reciprocate.

It all comes down to a confidence thing.
I was opposite of you. When I was 18 and 57kg I was to timid to talk to girls, then a few moths after I took up training I felt like I could conquer Mt Everest.
All I can suggest is be confident and have the attitude that: "If she knocks me back it's her loss not mine"

Cliches I know, but be confident, be yourself and have fun.

If you are putting on an act, they can smell bullshit a mile a way and it's a big turn off for them.

thanks shrek and bibarclay...
I know that they can detect BS and that i should be confident. I don't have plans of lying to them, but when it comes to opening a convo, i don't know how to start or what to say.

coming to think of it, i guess that's a general problem i have with making friends

Last edited:
so anyway, I hit the dancefloor after the game and it was so different compared to the last time i went clubbing (over a year ago). I was just dancing on my own in a corner less crowded spot. There were women who would look at me, dance near me and get closer. But when I looked back or turned their way, they'd look away and pretend i wasn't even there. It happened several times and then I was sitting at the table for a bit.. and this chick comes and sits in the seat next to me (although there were other empty seats) but she wasn't making any eye contact or anything.. once again, like i wasn't there, she just sat.

I had no idea on what to do because i had no idea what it all meant.. was i missing clear signals ? or were chicks just being themselves and I just had the illusion that they were digging me.

You need to learn the mating dance, my friend.

When women check you out & let you catch them doing it, or when they try to get close to you or in your field of vision for no particular reason, they're sending the signal for you to approach them. They've done their job in the dance, it's over to you to grab your balls and make a move.

Our job as penis owners in the pickup dance is to put our necks on the chopping block and risk rejections, because pussy owners are too much of, well, a pussy to do so.

All you have to do is to walk up to them, smile and say something to break the ice, then continue from there being your hard body self. If you have no clue what to do, imagine what you would say if they were female friends that you already know and feel at ease with.

thanks shrek and bibarclay...
I know that they can detect BS and that i should be confident.

Eh, yeah sure they can detect BS, but it depends on if you're good at BSing. Girls love to be lied to in the right way, it's part of the art of seduction. They're already lying to you big time by wearing makeup, high heels, dress that enhances nice body parts, colouring their hair etc.

I don't have plans of lying to them, but when it comes to opening a convo, i don't know how to start or what to say.

coming to think of it, i guess that's a general problem i have with making friends

It's like lifting. Don't overthink, just say something, with practice it'll get better. Good thing is, you're going for a pickup with the bait being your six-pack abs, so the less you say the better. The more you flap your gum, the more reasons she'll have to reject you.

The fact that they look at you then look away is a good thing, I would say they like you but feel a little intimidated by you. I would try saying hi & making a joke about an observation of some thing funny in you’re surroundings, have fun with her. But yeah don’t say to much & don’t come across to keen, make her work for your attention.

"Hi my name is...." works are charm if you do if confidently but not cocky like. Oh and an ACTUAL WOMAN answered so maybe follow here advice :D

To get technical - This is what i generally do in clubs. And have a 80% success rate. The knockback isnt that bad either.

R and B clubs

1. Scour the dancefloor for single ladies .. Find one u like. Look for signs she isnt with her BF/partner. I would from afar look at the chick for around 10-15min. If she just with a friend then shes here to pick up
2. Make eye contact when you are ready to move in. I have this look i do before i move in. If they make eye contact and stare at you for 3-4 seconds. Look away.
2a. If they lok at you again. And then giggle to each other. Its time to reel them in
3. Bring a wingman (and if u are in a large group of guys break away from the main group as women feel intimidated with large groups and go stand at the bar with your wingman).
4. Have a shot of tequila. This usually brings up your courage.
5. Start pretending to laugh and such like your having a good time with your wingman
6. Start to dance (watch MTV and learn a few moves) with your wingman and move towards the 2 girls
7. IF they start to open up and dance ata 45 degree angle then you and your wingman are in
8. Introduce yourselves. DO NOT EVER TALK ABOUT YOUR TRAINING or flex in front of them.
9. If they ask you if u workout say .. YEAH i do a bit sometimes. ALL girls hate guys who love themselves. I fallen into this trap and lost the bait
10. For the next 20 min talk about them. So it seems your genuinely interested in em and not really to get into their panties. :p
11. Invite her to have a chat after
12. Up to you where u want to take it .. She should be creaming her pants and ready to ride you.

With practice ive usually had the girl eating out ot the palm of the hand by step 2 ;)

Music festivals during the day (come in short and singlet)

- Dance by yourself
- Dance like your having a good time
- After 30min remove your shirt and put it in one of your belt hole.
- Dance a bit more. Never flex.. But tensing is ok
- Wait for the fish to come to you

* Ive had a blonde girl comes up and pash me
* A brunette in a small green dress with T string gryate in front of me and wink back
* Numerous girls come and ask if i had a lighter or smoke. I said what woul they give if i gave em a smoke?. They would do the c**ksucking motion with the hands and mouth or whisper in your ear
* A young couple wanting a threesome. No i did not go ahead with it. :D
* Girls pretending to fall over and then hang onto your arms
* Girls tuoching their boobs on your arm as they walk past when their is like a 2meter radius aruond you and the next persons.

I wouldnt go to these festivals too often especially if u pop like i did as its just that much harder to train the next few days. Go once every 2-3months and train hard in between. The only competition u have there are skinny guys/or a few fat ones who look CUT but have no muscle mass.

Last edited:
* Ive had a blonde girl comes up and pash me
* A brunette in a small green dress with T string gryate in front of me and wink back
* Numerous girls come and ask if i had a lighter or smoke. I said what woul they give if i gave em a smoke?. They would do the c**ksucking motion with the hands and mouth or whisper in your ear
* A young couple wanting a threesome. No i did not go ahead with it. :D
* Girls pretending to fall over and then hang onto your arms
* Girls tuoching their boobs on your arm as they walk past when their is like a 2meter radius aruond you and the next persons.

Looks like Ceffo is 'da ladies man' on here for advice... :cool:

I still have my memories :p

You should write a book ceffo, I believe it would be an very informative and entertaining read
icon14.gif

Damn, luck I didn't know you when I was clubbing, you would've made a perfect 'wingman' for me. then again i didn't really need one. I was a magnet. ROFL.

Damn, luck I didn't know you when I was clubbing, you would've made a perfect 'wingman' for me. then again i didn't really need one. I was a magnet. ROFL.

If im your wingman long as the ugly chick aint over 100kg. Because i dont want to be in the news the next day "Man dies from lack of oxygen due to whale passing out on top of him"

There was a time a really big black american girl on holidays from the USA. Came over and she did the stripper byum dance in front of me on the dance floor. I moved back she kept dancing backwards to me with her ass bouncing up and down. I got backed into a corner and got scared the F88k out. My mates didnt even try to bail me out just stood and laughed the c**ks!

Last edited:
cheers for the info Ceffo and dancelot (great analogy with the pussy speech haha).

I'm fairly alright with dancing as I used to do hip hop dancing in my younger years.

but I noticed Dancelot was talking about less chat to them if you're using 6 pack as bait. Ceffo was talking about "next 20 mins talk about them"..

I'm not trying to read too deeply into the advice, but generally what's better on the dancefloor? Getting straight into dancing with them or trying to have a convo with them (over the loud music)?

There was a time a really big black american girl on holidays from the USA. Came over and she did the stripper byum dance in front of me on the dance floor. I moved back she kept dancing backwards to me with her ass bouncing up and down. I got backed into a corner and got scared the F88k out. My mates didnt even try to bail me out just stood and laughed the c**ks!

One time I had some really gross obese girl rub against me once with all her sweat and arm acne :( (no sh#t, it wasnt just acne on her face it was on her shoulders and arms too) and continued to try and press her back against me to rub off more sweat and acne...the fact she was wearing a skirt and I could see the hail damage on her thighs in a club at 2:00am while drinking makes me wonder how much worse she was in the light.

I still shudder from the memory of it. Just like yours, my mates thought it was hilarious.

but I noticed Dancelot was talking about less chat to them if you're using 6 pack as bait. Ceffo was talking about "next 20 mins talk about them"..

I'm not trying to read too deeply into the advice, but generally what's better on the dancefloor? Getting straight into dancing with them or trying to have a convo with them (over the loud music)?

Well what I meant is that the less talking from you the better. If you have to talk, get HER to talk, you listen (and direct the convo to feel-good vibe if it ever gets negative). What you're really doing there is to pick up a girl you don't know and can barely see on a poorly lit dance floor at an impossibly loud club for a meaningful one-night relationship. The more you flap your gum (esp if you're not experienced in this biz - if you were a charmer like ceffo, you wouldn't ask for advice) the more reasons she'll have to reject you. Remember that girls in that scene, because there are so many c0cks on display, actively seek reasons to weed out lame guys as quickly as possible. Don't give them that by saying as little as possible!

If you're after stimulating convos with girls, don't pick up at clubs. That environment is not designed for such things.

Get dancing straight away, enjoy the place, look like you're having a great time with friends. Make eye contact & move in if you get the green light (like ceffo said). You basically have two things in your arsenal to pick up: your physique and how you move your body. That's what girls at clubs look for as well, they're not there to have amazing convos with guys. They're there to get drunk, pop pills, dance, attention-wh0re and maybe hook up with a cute/hot guy. Any talking is done as excuses leading to hook-ups, and you are responsible for providing all the excuses and plausible deniability from A-Z. Once you've seen enough signs that she's attracted to you, take her to somewhere quieter & a little more private. From then on, let your penis take the lead.

All these things (and what ceffo said) are basics. Like lifting, do the basics well and you'll be great. Don't try too hard to be smooth or witty, unless it comes naturally.

There are a million other things, but you'll figure them out as you go along.

Think carefully though about whether you want to meet women that way. Some guys are simply not cut out for that kind of casual yet fiercely competitive hookup scene. You may struggle coming from a past "down to earth fat nice guy".