• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC Advanced Athletic Ability

PTC

Okay, here is a thread on the new AAA program.

PPP has been a remarkable success, for me and the lifters that bought it. Most lifters at PTC are using it, whether they plan to compete or not. The success rate is 100%. Same applies to those not training at PTC. Check journals for results, far too many to list. We will soon have PTC lifters with WR that have accomplished it with PPP.

How do we measure success? With PPP, its the ability to set and reset PB's. We measure success on PPP by lifting continuously more weight. Its what the program is designed to do.

Nobody has got weaker using it. Nobody.

Now I have people in the gym, and on forums, who lift weights to improve their performance on the field, in the ring or on the court.

In my opinion, power without strength is useless. You need to be strong first, its a base. If a novice asked me which he should do first of the two, I would point in the direction of PPP.

If he is a total novice, he would need to do the PTC Beginners Program which I have handed out free on this forum, newsletters, basically every novice thats ever asked me for advice.

The smart ones get stuck in, the softcocks stay soft. You've all read the newsletter about Shorty and the success he had on the BP. If not, read this

PTC NEWSLETTER, Issue # 64

Now, who should use AAA?

Straight up, I'm telling you this is very hard, and I mean very hard. You are using weights around 85% of your 1RM for 100% of the time. The measure of success wont be in the gym. The weights are simply a means to an end.

Becoming a better athlete is the measure. At the completion of the 9 week cycle, you will be much harder, tougher, faster and in better condition than when you started. There is a very high caloric cost with this program, due to the intensity of the lifting.

As far as equipment goes, you need a bar and a squat rack. Thats it. Ther are no assistance exercises at all, there is no variety.

One of the problems I see with program design is, people look at the finished program, and see what else they can add. I look to see what I can strip. Instead of adding fluff, and decreasing the intensity, I never include fluff, therefore keeping intensity at 100% the whole time.

This is not for everyone. I read how some lifters complain about certain aspects of programs, if your one of them, stop reading now. This is very hard.

If your an MMA fighter, a footballer, basketballer or any other field sport, and your not afraid of hard work, then this will work for you as long as you train as hard as you can.

Time wise, you need 3 nights a week, around 75-90 minutes. You wont get this done in an hour. No extra work needed, no assistance, no "can I do abs on off days"

The off days will be required for rest, trust me. As most that take this on play sport, you may actually need to reduce it to twice a week in season.

I have used principles from the Bulgarian weightlifters, lifters at PTC that have done this are drained on completion.

As with all PTC programs, the weights, sets and reps are included. No thinking required on behalf of the lifter.

Some differences between this and PPP are

: There is no failure, you simply continue to move to the next week as programmed

: You may not even increase your weights by more than 5kg in 9 weeks, you will still be a much better lifter when finished

: The focus isnt on weight shifted, its on workload, and the correct exercises. The weight is progressive though

: The 3 "mores" still apply, but not each session. Its way to difficult with the exercises chosen

: Adapting to the load is far more important an outcome than the heavier weights lifted.

: It will destroy your core, I'm not kidding. The core is the most important area in injury prevention

: It will greatly strengthen your posterior chain. The posterior chain is the most important area for increased athletic ability.

: It will greatly toughen you mentally. The mind is an area often neglected by athletes and lifters.

: If you are serious about weightloss, this program will burn more calories over the course of a day than any other gym activity, by a long way.

If you are the type of lifter who folds when he lifts, struggles at higher reps, basically a weak lifter in a sporting sense, this program will help.

There are no technical lifts. In fact, there is no lift that is performed in any competition, but every lift is practiced by elite athletes all around the globe.

Its all functional. There is no arm work, no pec work, everything is performed standing up, the same way you play sport.

It may also be extremely useful for competing powerlifters to do during the no competition season, it will let your joints rest, while punishing your core and PC.

If your interested in doing this, its the same price as PPP, just $20.

Cheers

Markos

thank you Markos, your work with the PPP has been outstanding, i've full confidence that AAA will work just as well.

cheers, i'll keep you updated with my progress under your guidance.

Cheers mate.

The tables are all done and tested, the instruction and explanation should be finished some time this weekend, I'll email it out.

You didn't release PPP before testing it and making sure it worked, I'd be curious to know how you measured the success of a largely subjective performance outcome (being athleticism). Sprint times? Improved vert? etc.

Its all in the program big fella.

Max trained this way for his first year, in fact he didnt bench at all in his first year.

Back then he trained for basketball and soccer. Nothing else.

He has the highest vertical leap at PTC, as well as the quickest times for

20m/40m/100m/136m/272m and the best beep test of 14.1 (he never trains this at all)

As stated in the program, he doesnt squat the most, or clean the most, press the most or deadlift the most, not outright nor bodyweight.

He is the best athlete by an immeasurable ammount

For the last few weeks we have been doing some of these sessions to make sure the tables were right. The exercises and workload were always correct, but because I include the weights in all my programs, that is a very key component.

They have been tested on men and women alike.

To all those that have already purchased it, I have emailed it out, its a 20 page document this time, with tables from 40kg to 200kg.

Good luck.

No way can you do ANYTHING along side this program, not a hope.

It does include overhead pressing 3 times a week though

some very interesting concepts. i haven't seen anything like it.

im going to have to take up MMA, soccer season is almost over.

I reckon your program is very good Pete. You have some excellent coaches there in Tassie.

Where this may be of benefit to you is

it includes Oly type lifts
greater workload
weight/sets/reps are laid out

You are training for your sport now, I dont think AAA is better or even as good as your program, but if you get stale and need a break, without straying too far from what your doing, it could be a benefit.

be warned though, 18 work sets per session, 80% and above for most sets, its really tough.