• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When you first started out?

S

slb

Ok so right now I am feeling extremely weak looking at all the girls training logs on here! Just out of curiosity what kind of weight did you girls start lifting when you first started training with weights?

Ok so right now I am feeling extremely weak looking at all the girls training logs on here! Just out of curiosity what kind of weight did you girls start lifting when you first started training with weights?
Since my weights would have been classified as "girly" weights (by some), I thought I'd give you an answer here. Now I started as a weightlifter and not a bodybuilder, so back then the weight I began with was a broomstick and from there I progressed over to a 20kg Olympic barbell. That's how I started; technique and flexibility before attempting any sort of increase in weight. Granted all that took about 2 workouts before I moved on...

PS: Start low and you’ll always have room for improvement Sarah; start high and backwards maybe the only direction you’d be heading.

Fadi

All the girls at PTC start with an empty bar on bench and squats, 40kg on deadlifts.

Once they display good form, we add weight. Every girl that has ever started at PTC was a total novice.

All the girls at PTC start with an empty bar on bench and squats, 40kg on deadlifts.

Once they display good form, we add weight. Every girl that has ever started at PTC was a total novice.

You have no idea how much better that makes me feel! :)

Thanks guys

You have no idea how much better that makes me feel! :)

Thanks guys

We're only saying it as it is (or was) Sarah. That's why I congratulated you on taking the most important step of them all; your first step. All power to you Sarah.

Fadi.