• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC bench extravaganza

PTC

I am holding a bench press competition to raise funds for Max to compete at the WPC Raw World Championships in Idaho, USA.

The entire proceeds will go towards the trip, I will work on some prizes.

There will be 2 stages of the comp.

The first stage will be a powerlifting bench only comp.

Each lifter will get 4 attempts. Standard raw powerlifting rules apply.

There will be a winner in each weights class 60kg - 67.5kg - 75kg - 82.5kg - 90kg - 100kg - 110kg - 125kg - 140kg - 140+kg

There will be a mens and womens section. The overall winner will be the guy and girl with the highest Glossbrenner score

http://www.ptcfranks...calculator.html

The second stage is a max reps with bodyweight, just like we've always done at our Strongman Comps. These are not paused reps, simply touch and go. The women will use 75% of body weight.

The entry fee is $50, with 100% of proceeds going towards the trip. As I said earlier, I'll try and organize some prizes.

The competition will be at PTC, start time is 11.00am. Pay on the day. Sunday 4th of July

Thank you

Markos

I am holding a bench press competition to raise funds for Max to compete at the WPC Raw World Championships in Idaho, USA.

The entire proceeds will go towards the trip, I will work on some prizes.

The entry fee is $50, with 100% of proceeds going towards the trip.

Markos

Fine, but how about if someone wishes to help but can not attend? Thank you Markos and I sincerly wish Max Maximum power.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Fadi, I really appreciate the gesture. You can always buy one of the Special Edition Hoodies Fadi.

I can officialy announce that this comp will offer the richest prize in Australian Powerlifting/Olympic lifting.

Australian Barbell Company really want to get involved and have made an unbelievable donation.

I'm going to see Wayne tomorrow, I'll announce the prize then.

I really cant believe this is happening, nobody makes money from powerlifting in Australia, the winner is going to be a VERY happy lifter

^ Thats amazing news Markos you truely will have some big lifters fronting up now...I'm thinking you may even need to get a bigger venue.

If you put on a fake mo, change your name, you could compete big fella, just leave the shirt at home lol

Mate, if I get a Power Station from AK, I'm keeping it lol

The prize is coming from ABC, two prizes, one in the rep challenge, one in the biggest bench comp.

First prize will go to the highest Glossbrenner score, plus medals for each weight class.

Thank you very much Fadi, I really appreciate the gesture. You can always buy one of the Special Edition Hoodies Fadi.

Markos i'm definately interested in buying a few hoodies from you. :)

Last edited:
No cash donations. I really really appreciate the gesture, plenty of PTC clients have offered, but it doesnt feel right.

Purchasing a hoodie is more than enough. Put that lazy ass boyfriend of yours in the car and have him take a road trip to Melb for the bench comp, beats sitting on his ass reading The New England Medical Journal all weekend.

No cash donations. I really really appreciate the gesture, plenty of PTC clients have offered, but it doesnt feel right.

Purchasing a hoodie is more than enough. Put that lazy ass boyfriend of yours in the car and have him take a road trip to Melb for the bench comp, beats sitting on his ass reading The New England Medical Journal all weekend.

i'm happy to come if he wants to.. you might need to badger him some more..lol

Anyone want to sponser me so I can fly down to support the cause lol

Damm I hate living in the sticks.

Marcos best of luck in rasing funds for the trip it will be great to see Max do well, and most likely clean up!

I will have to get hoody.. so I can do something to help.

Okay, I just got back from ABC.

They have just made a new bar, its the powerbar but it has the Olympic bar knurling, which feels sensational, I have it on my ladies Oly bar.

They are giving it to PTC to use for the bench comp, and the lifter with the best Glossbrenner score wins the $550 bar, they get to keep it.

For the reps challenge, they are providing a $250 ABC gift voucher.

They have also given me some T Shirts, plus I am organizing other prizes as well.

We will have well over $1000 in prizes for this comp.

This bar has the same rating as all their other powerbars, its just missing the aggressive knurling.

While I was at ABC, another PTC client walked in and got a new bar and some other stuff, if he was stronger, he couldve won one.

That is an awsome prize soo gealous, lol pitty it would cost me >$700 to get there!:( and I wouldnt even come close to winning..

Marcos you should get heaps of people entering this, Sound like it will be an awsome day!

How does one go about ordering a hoody, is there a thread specifically?

I dont want to start another thread, so we'll use the Max is going to the Worlds one, and thank you.

120kg at 71kg wouldnt have you too far away either, plus dont forget the rep challenge