• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

1000kg raw

[YOUTUBE]a6enKOXeqlE[/YOUTUBE]

20 years old, legs like Paul Anderson
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst anything over 300 is amazing why are all powerlifters so far behind bolton and konstantin with the deadlift?

Also lolling at bb.com when they said 220kg was an achievable bench for anyone...

Whilst anything over 300 is amazing why are all powerlifters so far behind bolton and konstantin with the deadlift?

Also lolling at bb.com when they said 220kg was an achievable bench for anyone...

Becasue they arnt men!!

terminator.jpg

Ever second bloke there claims a 400/500/600 as their lifts :)

My favourite was the bloke who claimed he didn't train, would come back after 2-3 years off, and bench 405lbs.

Strong guys in the youtube vids.

Ever second bloke there claims a 400/500/600 as their lifts :)

My favourite was the bloke who claimed he didn't train, would come back after 2-3 years off, and bench 405lbs.

Strong guys in the youtube vids.

Its funny when you search '400 raw bench' you either get equipped lifts or a whole bunch of guys with their ass off the bench like the sydney harbour bridge...

Well, however they hold their bums or whatever they wear, they're stronger than me and I respect that.

It's just the e-stats I'm not impressed by. It puts people off from lifting when they have no clear idea of what a beginner could be capable of, and how long it takes most people to get decent lifts - quicker than the beginner thinks, but slower than the e-statters make out.

I like to see genuine strength, and realistic approaches to getting that strength. Not blinding newbies with bullsht.

That Christensen kid is damn strong, he pulled those lifts very smoothly (except the first bench but he made up for it).

I usually compare with an olympic squat so relative wise its not as deep. And comparing him to some other powerlifters (no side view so though so it can not be very accurate) he goes deep, Kutroff from the first video does not look to go as deep as this kid does.

Your right Dave, he does squat deep for PL, but its equipped lifters that generally squat borderline, its the suit that causes most of the problems.

Phuck, here we go.

Bah! powerlifting squats. One day I was at a fitness first powerlifting challenge (we replaced the bench for the swiss ball crunch because benching is bad for the knees) when these olympic lifters came in.

We let them have a go - they took off their clothes and squatted as much weight as we could put on the bar ass to grass (their butts literally touched the floor and then they came back up) before proceeding to the parking lot to clean large trucks onto their backs and squat with those for reps (not to mention the swiss ball crunch records they set that day), though none of the lifts counted because they'd both drank cans of Mother before they came in (ie not 'raw').

Last edited: