• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Questions

wannabstrong

Havent been on here so much lately, but i was wondering if i was to help somebody lose some MAJOR weight, would it be appropriate to suggest a diet change before undergoing physical exercise?
This person i have in mind has all the "symptoms" of being unhealthy physically and mentally. It seems he locks himself away from life. As a mate is it my place to point this out to him or let it go, because frankly im a little worried about him. He is as strong as an Ox but lacks only motivation and confidence. He has a mind full of bad experiences and possible anxiety.

Not sure what to do.

You can point it out to him just make sure you are telling him it is because you are worried for his health as he is your friend and you care (make it as less as gay as possible for best effect). Now weight loss wise start both, they go together well.

You say that your mate is as strong as an Ox. This is your opportunity to invite him to the world of strength athletes without as much as talking about diet or exercise. What I'm after here (initially) is just to get those wheels turning because after that all will follow without much of an effort on your part. Of course, what I'm suggesting here is only one of many options at my disposal. But basically what I'm after is accentuating what comes naturally to your mate in the first instance.

Option #2; ask him to take a peek of what we have to offer on Ausbb. Thank you.

Fadi.

Go for Fadi's option first, hopefully he might like the idea of throwing heavy shit around. Make it fun and he may keep it up.

well after I got my bench press yonkers ago, he invested in some dumbells, and he presses them above his head and bicep curls for heaps of reps at a time. He told me he started push ups which is good but im not sure of his honesty, but i give the benefit of doubt. I thinkin of giving him my bench press for a while to play with, cause he uses it when he comes round here.

How heavy is he? If he is over the 120kg mark and can do pushups then he would be strong.