• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Check out the brain on Brad

PTC

PTC NEWSLETTER
# 134
IF YOU’RE NOT A ****ING IDIOT, I’M A NICE BLOKE
Warning – lots of swearing, much more than usual.

After a few rant less newsletters, it’s time to vent. Again.

Life has been good at PTC. The State titles went well, we got a nice write up in the local rag, around 10 new lifters have joined up and everyone is getting stuck into PPP and moving along nicely.

I have another 10-15 lifters who are planning to go the CAPO National Titles, which looks like having over 100 lifters. Some lifters have moved on, I never worry about those that don’t lift at PTC, I have enough concerns over the ones that do. The sponsors have got behind Max, especially Blue Gum, and it looks like the Raw World Championships in Sept are a reality.

Feedback from lifters around the country tells me that PPP has helped them smash their PB’s. PPP will be an app for the iPhone very shortly, we have an operating version already going. There has now been close to 28,000 people visit the PTC website, something that amazes me. The two forums I post on, ausbb.com and ns.com have been running very smoothly. Nina and the kids are healthy, the basketball team I coach is winning, Carlton is still in the eight, so why do I need to vent.

Read the title of this newsletter again. Let it sink in.

Quite a while ago, I joined a forum to join in discussion with training. This forum was run by a guru, his followers were like sheep. In training discussions, I explained to them there may be better ways. Of course, I was attacked. Not surprising. So I went to their Record Boards, of which no lift has any validity as no proof is required, and I stated that lifters from PTC with less than 2 years experience would be 1st and 2nd in every category.

I was banned. My website has footage of our lifts. People were saying that gym lifts don’t mean shit. I agree, so we joined CAPO and lifted in official competition. We set 53 National Records at our state titles. Obviously it’s still not enough.

Some moronic twat, on the Starting Strength forum, which is excellent by the way, rubbished me and PTC. This twat’s username is bradaust. I don’t think I’ve ever met him, nor do I think he’s been anywhere near PTC. He called my Zhang Kong bar a powerlifting bar, used to pump up lifters numbers. Good to see the lobotomy went well Brad. ZK make Olympic lifting bars, IWF certified ones at that, and are used in Olympic lifting competitions. What the **** does that have to do with powerlifting Brad? We don’t take our own bars to comps Brad, you dickless ****ing troll. We set those records with the same bars every other lifter used, which came from a rival gym, ****nuckle.

What Brad was alluding to was that I don’t allow belts (everyone should really get over this) but I spend big on bars so that lifters can exaggerate their lifts. This rump rider is so far out of his depth it’s not funny. We were donated an Olympic lifting bar by AK, so that we didn’t have to use a bush bearing bar for our OL, the ZK has needle bearings. He even mentions how much I paid (it was free). This cockbreath is simply an oxygen thief. I ****ing hate losers like Brad.

He rubbished PTC because it was a garage. Sorry I have no mirrors so you can check your vagina Brad. At PTC we have everything we need, nothing we don’t. We don’t need you cocksmoker.

He said my $20 fee was too high. All you PT’s stop laughing.

I read a brilliant article by Gene Rychlak the other day, titled Big Fish in a Small Pond. Gene benches 900lbs and squats 1000lbs. In fact, he was the first man to ever do both. He basically had a go at ass clowns like Brad. Too frightened to train at a gym where somebody might be stronger than you.

Brad, if you read this, and I really hope you do, please ring me and tell me why you would rubbish another man’s business, a gym that you have never been too, on a forum because I don’t believe lifters need belts. Enough on Brad for now, more later. I’ll leave you with this.

This ****ing douche bag, who is criticizing PTC, squats 110kg, I kid you not. Max squatted that at 15 and 55kg after a few months of training. Two years on, he still never criticizes anyone. Brad, Max can clean and press your best squat.......without a belt. Are you sure you need one. Get a bumbag instead, somewhere to store your tampons.

Talking about articles, one of the premier strength coaches, Zach Even-Esh, also wrote a sensational article about training in teams. I don’t mean training partners, but teams.

We have been doing this at PTC for quite some time, due to necessity because of the sheer number of lifters, and because I saw how it improved some lifters.

Max definitely benefits from training with Alen, Nick, Spiros and Kelly. Sean’s progress has sky rocketed since he became part of a team, as has Simmo’s and James. Nicks bench went up training with Kelly.

Damien has started lifting with Nina and Annie. He is stronger, but they train much harder. He noticed that and asked if it would be okay.

See Damien is a smart boy, not a ****ing idiot, so I will always get on well with him. Everyone that trains at PTC trains there because I told them I could make them stronger. I didn’t lie. If you question me while paying me to train you, I’m going to think you’re a ****ing idiot. If you don’t come to sessions and you let your team down, I’m going to think you’re a ****ing idiot. Why waste your money and time if you’re not a ****ing idiot.

Nina is always telling me I should tone it down. I can’t, I hate time wasters. If you’re not losing weight and you live in Fatville, I’m going to ride you. I don’t understand how someone who trains hard, everyone at PTC does, cannot have the discipline it takes to lose the blubber. Guys and girls. I really want to name those that don’t, but I won’t, it will just give Nina another reason to yell at me.

You see, Nina knows what it takes to run a successful business. Suck up to everyone, be nice, let their laziness run through the gym. She’s not the one who has to waste their time with them, knowing they’re not going to come if it’s raining, or if it’s too hot, or the coffee machine was broken at work.

I have a fat slob of a client, who hasn’t progressed in around 9 months, who must have 32,000,000 relatives, that’s how many birthdays he’s been to in the last year, his number one excuse for letting his team down. He obviously doesn’t let it bother him, he just likes to train at PTC. He is harmless, and clueless. One part of me is telling me to come down hard on him, the other says let it go. If he’s happy, I should be happy. It must be a character flaw I have, I hate time wasters.

Life is really good, it’s just that it simply takes a few morons to **** up a good day for me. My brother knows I don’t tolerate fools, he leaves the gym when he knows I’m going to let rip, which is very, very rare. Normally I’ll just ridicule you if I feel you are being a **** head.

I charge less than any PT around, I offer diets and sound nutritional advice for free to clients, I allow them to train at odd hours if they can’t make their regular slot, I ALWAYS have lifters that train for free at PTC, I currently have four. I will do anything I can for any lifter that wants to get strong, as long as they do anything they can to get strong. I have a friend moving from QLD to train fulltime at PTC, how’s that for commitment. He starts next week.

As I’m getting older I’m finding that my tolerance level for idiots, lazy fat ****s, time wasters, sooks and negative people is declining. I know I have to try and be more tolerant.

I’ll make a deal with you, I’ll be nicer if you’ll be smarter.

If you eat twice a day, don’t ask me what protein to take.
If you’re overweight, don’t ask me how far you should walk.
If you can’t bench your bodyweight for 10 reps, don’t ask me if a rope is better than a bar for tricep pressdowns.
If you drink beer, don’t grab your tits and ask me how to lose them.
If you’re pissweak, don’t ask which way to point your toes on the leg press
If you’re tits are bigger than your wives, don’t ask if flyes will help.
If you’re ass has its own postcode, don’t ask if I’ll be offering Zumba classes.
If you’ve never been to PTC, keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
If I do something you don’t like, grow some balls and come tell me.
If you’re an obese woman, don’t tell me you don’t lift weights because you don’t want to be bulky.
If you’re the kind of man who locks his penis up at home when he lifts, DONT EVER CRITICIZE A PTC LIFTER.
If you’re the prick who stole Joel’s PTC hoodie out of his bag, prey we don’t find you.

To all those that read this newsletter but aren’t subscribers, please don’t contact me and ask to be placed on the mailing list. Every 15 issues or so, I send one out everywhere, the rest of the time they are by subscription only. They cost 50c each, or $50 per year (100 issues)

Lastly, I want to say thanks to all PTC clients who make my job feel like a hobby, which it is. Thanks to the couple who came back this week after a 12 month hiatus. Thanks to Paul who directed a few my way, thanks to Pete for giving me Rory.

I also want to thank those that left without saying goodbye. Thank you for not wasting my time anymore.

The PTC challenge has fizzled. I’ve taken most pics off the wall, it’s a contest between Simmo and Brett. Both have lost over 10kg, far and away the most progress so far.
In the next week I will have the new PTC Hoodies and shirts in stock. Blue Gum has donated 40 Hoodies, special edition ones that we will sell to raise funds for Max to go to the World Championships. I will have more of the black PTC POWERLIFTING Hoodies in stock. We will also have a new t shirt. PTC POWERLIFTING on the front and on the back

I GOT 99 PROBLEMS
BUT A BELT
AINT ONE
The PTC progressive poundage program (PPP) will be available soon as an iPhone app.

I constantly run out of PTC stock. I will no longer take orders, I will simply make sure I have stock at all times and sell from that.

Thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy of PPP, I hope to see most of you at the CAPO National Championships.

Scott has just deadlifted 220kg using PPP in Qld. He pulled 195kg at the QLD state titles in the 82.5kg class.

Blake just pulled 200kg @ 67kg in Canberra.

Gareth just pulled 200kg @ 75kg at PTC, becoming the 52nd lifter to do so at PTC.

Dim, Sean, James, Nathan and Steve are all around the 190kg mark, should have a few more shortly.

Thanks for putting up with me

Now I have to continue on Brad. I spend a fair bit of time on forums. I was recently made aware that Brad was talking about PTC on Starting Strength, a very good forum run by one of the best strength coaches in the world, and some good moderators. Brad is not an indication of the quality of the forum.

One of the moderators, Gary, made some comments about posts on ausbb. He was spot on with his criticism. The comments were made by a young naive inexperienced lifter. He wasn’t rubbishing anyone, but his argument was cringe worthy. Gary is an experienced, strong lifter. When he talks, I’ll listen as there is a good chance I’ll learn something. That’s how I gather knowledge. Our opinions on equipment might vary, big deal, I’m glad were all different. But Brad’s another story.

It may appear I’m going over the top here, and I am. Someone needs to stamp these ****sticks off our forums, keyboard warriors. I hope he’s reading this and squirming cause his maxipad is filling up.

Brad, the cumstain on SS was actually having a dig at PTC, a place he’s never been. PTC is my livelihood, so I’m going to defend it.

If you happen to be in the unfortunate circumstance of having both a 110kg squat AND a penis, shut the **** up. Wait until your second ever workout before you form an opinion. Read, ask questions, but keep your clag receptacle shut. Base your opinions on what you’ve done, see how interested we are in your 110kg squat cumbucket.

Here are the cumstains posts.

Stop sucking up the ass of a powerlifter who charges $20 individually for a group session of barbell training in a garage, in Frankston of all places, and start repespecting a bloke who has the degrees, owns his own gym and has more proven success stories then most coaches in the western world.

The individual behind the entire argument (and the entire forum), the bloke running PTC, has recently purchased a a Zhang Kong IPF rated chinese made Powerlifting bar.

Obviously the reason behind such an extravagant purchase (retail is around $800) is to increase numbers by use of a superior bar, this has been said so himself and proven with the instant PR's claimed on first use.

All this whilst still standing against the use of any gear...

The only thing more irritating then this is the "strong is strong" one liner often used as a counter argument on those stupid forums.

Obviously the spelling errors occurred when the pencil shifted off his forehead. Could you be any dumber than this guy. He probably thought nobody would ever see his comments. I hope his boyfriend gets to see them. As a moderator, Gary, it’s okay to pick on other forums, just make sure all the cumstains on yours are toeing the line. I’m not a moderator on ausbb, so I can’t do anything about the posts.

You should’ve called cumbucket out, and asked him if he lifts more than the beltless ass suckers at PTC. You should have asked if anyone in the whole wide world had ever seen an IPF certified Zhang Kong powerbar. People that live in glass homes shouldn’t masturbate.

No wonder strong is strong irritates him, he probably prefers, ass is sore.

Thanks for indulging my rant.

I feel better now.

Markos

I let Bradaust know he inspired a newsletter, and told him he should feel honoured. Not sure what his issue is, normally you have to actually meet someone to have a hate-on for them.

Seems fairly bold and the beautiful, all for some stranger on the internet. Perhaps there is more to it than I am aware of though.

He joined up on here.

Funnily enough he called our forum stupid.

I'm eager to see why he attacked me and PTC.

Well, that was lolsy.

Brad aside the belt thing gets old fast.

97% of training methods Markos and Rippetoe use are exactly the same. Sometimes I wish we had more of a voice from those guys though, guys like gary, because without their voices that remaining 3% sticks out like a sore thumb.

Last word on belts.

When PTC began, everyone was a novice. I didnt allow belts, wanting everyone to get strong without one.

Mission accomplished.

we have now entered official raw powerlifting competition, where a belt is allowed.

My wife Nina wore one, Annie has just ordered one. I dont have a problem with them now. They are legal in the comps we lift in.

Nick and Max tried one, they dont like them.

anyone training and competing at PTC can wear one, I dont care, but I'm still going to stir you.

Is anyone else getting the impression Bradaust is some pimply faced high school kid from Toorak?

I get that impression, yes. The genuinely strong tend to not make such dramas about things, like GG they might say "WTF?!" from time to time but tend to be "live and let live." But who knows.

It was pretty funny that he'd think I was "sucking up the ass" of Markos. :p

Let's hope Bradaust posts soon, he only joined up today. He can either enlighten us, or give us a laugh. I hope for both, I have a lot to learn and learn better when it's funny.

Last edited:
L-O-****ING-L

Nice rant M.
Laughing is supossed to boost the immune system, I think you cured all my problems!!!!!

Yay, I made it into a newsletter, Cheers :)

Paul, we dont squat and bench with the ZK, we do pull with it sometimes, the knurling is so nice.

Hahaahahah, that was hilarious Markos, great stuff!

I reckon the starting strength forum can be pretty retarded though, and Gary is a bit of a tool =P

Last edited:
Some guys do not like their ideology being challenged and having a great coach like Rippetoe usually leads to devout followers who will ridicule all that is not the same as his views. Gary (who I doubt is what i just wrote) read the thread but didn't understand it was Oli using steinborn squats and the use of weighlifting shoes as out there examples to make fun of some people thinking belts are wrong. I thought your newsletter was pretty funny though Markos, breathe though man breathe.

Last edited:
Look, I dont hate anyone I havent met.

Brad may be a really nice guy. I didnt know he existed, but he obviously knew I did.

His comments about me and PTC were moronic. I too have made plenty of moronic comments before.

I stand by the deal, if you are weak (novice), read and ask questions, dont make out your something your not by putting down someone who may have achieved something better than you.

The lifters at PTC were very modest, still are. I had Spiros walking around, 300kg deadlift, 175kg bench and a 230kg squat(assisted). Nobody bragged, they couldnt.

This trait has remained with them.

Get a bumbag instead, somewhere to store your tampons.
If you happen to be in the unfortunate circumstance of having both a 110kg squat AND a penis, shut the **** up.
Sorry I have no mirrors so you can check your vagina Brad

funny stuff mate :) lol