• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Circuit Training With A Deck Of Cards

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Circuit Training With A Deck Of Cards

The idea behind the workout is that you use a a standard deck of 52 playing cards which will deal the excercise for you as well as the number of reps for each exercise.

First, you assign an exercise to each card suit. For example:

Spades = push ups
Hearts = burpees
Diamonds = squats
Clubs = lunges

Face cards have a value of 10 and numbered cards are valued at face value.
eg: if you draw the 9 of Spades from the deck you would do 9 push ups. If the second card drawn is the 6 of Diamonds, you would do 6 squats.

The goal is to work through the entire 52 card deck as quickly as possible.

for more excercises that can be done with this program check out the bodyweight posts on the Ausbb forum

a few guys at my old gym came up with a nasty, Nasty workout (to do with the leg press). It's like this. Grab a deck of cards. If you draw a 9 (regardless of suit) you do 9 reps. Next guy's turn. If he draws a king, he does 13 reps. and so forth.....

a few guys at my old gym came up with a nasty, Nasty workout (to do with the leg press). It's like this. Grab a deck of cards. If you draw a 9 (regardless of suit) you do 9 reps. Next guy's turn. If he draws a king, he does 13 reps. and so forth.....
Well that would depend on how much weight was loaded...could be quite easy or diffcult.

When I began training at 18, my gym would close over Xmas for a few days.

I used to do this workout with just sit ups and push ups.

Doesnt take long at all, geez you'll be sore the first time you do it.

When you can get through it, you do double reps on all Hearts, that'll f u c k you.