• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A little competition..

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
Another thread inspired me to write this.

How about a little friendly compotiiton..

2x bodyweight deadlift for most reps.

under 60
under 70
under 80
under 100
under 120
or whatever
Body weight catagorys give or take a few kilos unless your really anal. to make it more fair.
Post vid.

Reason.. I dno get people to lift shit...

High rep deadlifts can lead to injury. As you get tired, form deteriorates quite quickly.

Make it 2.5 x bw, keep the reps under 30-40 that way.

High rep deadlifts can lead to injury. As you get tired, form deteriorates quite quickly.

Make it 2.5 x bw, keep the reps under 30-40 that way.

I didnt think anyone would be up that high anyway...

Maybe some of your boys.

For a 100kg person that is a 200kg deadlfit.. Dont think many can reach 30 reps

lol

i ****ing wish!

When I get to 40 reps, should I stop just to prevent any unnecessary risk of injury?

keeps the competition smaller aswell.,

How many people on here can do 2.5 x bw deadlifts???*

* yes i am bitter because i am week,....lol

Edit: dont we already have a wilks based contest on here????

maybe we make it double bw for 10 - 15 reps, then you graduate to the 2.5 bw division.
and by the time you do 15 reps at 2x then your going to be able to do 3-5 at 2.5

i got 8 at 162. which is pretty close to double bw. ill try 166 on sunday.

why stop at deadlifts, have the same comp for squats as well :D

interesting idea, i doubt i could 5 rep 162kg... :(

i once saw a competition online called 'the 1000lb challenge', i can't find it now tho. The premise of it is who can put 1000lb over your head in as a few reps & in as small period of time as possible. I guess we would call it the 500kg challenge. If you were to put 40kg over your head in a military press...you've got a 'few' reps to go! if you can push press 120kg, then you're well on your way!

I'm keen....265kg for x will be interesting....I'll even leave the waist band of thick leather in the bedroom just for you Markos....it'll have to wait till after nationals tho if that's OK.

i once saw a competition online called 'the 1000lb challenge', i can't find it now tho. The premise of it is who can put 1000lb over your head in as a few reps & in as small period of time as possible. I guess we would call it the 500kg challenge. If you were to put 40kg over your head in a military press...you've got a 'few' reps to go! if you can push press 120kg, then you're well on your way!

That doesnt sound hard...

Push press

50kg x 10 thats easily done..

EDIT: just realised you said in as little reps as you can.

So who wins if one guy presses 100kg for 5 reps in 30 seconds, but another guy presses 50kg for 10 reps in 15 seconds?

Same amount of work in the end.

Can you guys imagine how many reps Kelly will do with 160kg?

Thats 100kg UNDER his PB. You would also need a time limit, he could pull that for quite some time.

Good luck to you all.

The only way to make it even over all the weight classes is to use a glossbrenner or wilkes score.

I'm keen for a squat or bench comp.
how about 1.5xbw raw bench, or 2xbw raw squat??
or
2xbw squat for reps
1.5bw bench for reps
2xbw deadlift for reps

add them all together???

Last edited: