• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Vitamin C, The Most Successful Vitamin for Healing

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
By Dr Andrew Saul

Progress takes time, unfortunately. Fresh fruit was known to cure scurvy by 1753, yet governments ignored the fact for nearly 100 years. Countless thousands died in the meantime. The 19th century doctor who first advocated washing one's hands between patients, died after being ignored and disgraced by the medical profession. Toxic mercury was used as medicine into the twentieth century. And so it has been.

The first physician to aggressively use vitamin C to cure diseases was Frederick R. Klenner, M.D. beginning back in the early 1940's. Dr. Klenner consistently cured chicken pox, measles, mumps, tetanus and polio with huge doses of the vitamin. While vaccines are now available for these illnesses, please remember this was not the case in the 1940's.

The following is a list of the conditions that Dr. Klenner successfully treated with aggressive vitamin C therapy:
  • Pneumonia
  • Encephalitis
  • Herpes Zoster (shingles)
  • Herpes Simplex
  • Mononucleosis
  • Pancreatitis
  • Hepatitis
  • Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
  • Bladder Infection
  • Alcoholism
  • Arthritis
  • Some Cancers
  • Leukemia
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Ruptured Intervertebral Disc
  • High Cholesterol
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetes
  • Glaucoma
  • Schizophrenia
  • Burns and secondary infections
  • Heat Stroke
  • Radiation Burns
  • Heavy Metal Poisoning (Mercury, Lead)
  • Venomous Bites (insects, snakes)
  • Multiple Sclerosis
  • Chronic Fatigue
  • Complications of Surgery
This seems like an impossible list of vitamin C cures. At this point, you can either dismiss the subject or investigate further. Dr. Klenner chose to investigate. The result? He used massive doses of vitamin C for over forty years of family practice. He wrote dozens of medical papers on the subject. A complete list of them is in the Clinical Guide to the Use of Vitamin C, edited by Lendon H. Smith, M.D., Life Sciences Press, Tacoma, WA (1988).

It is difficult to ignore his success, but it has been done. Dr. Klenner wrote: "Some physicians would stand by and see their patient die rather than use ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) because in their finite minds it exists only as a vitamin."

Vitamin C is remarkably safe even in enormously high doses. Compared to commonly used prescription drugs, side effects are virtually nonexistent. It does not cause kidney stones. In fact, vitamin C increases urine flow and favorably lowers the pH to help keep stones from forming. William J. McCormick, M.D. used vitamin C since the late 1940's to prevent and treat kidney stones. Vitamin C does not significantly raise oxalate levels, and uric acid stones have never resulted from its use, either. Said Dr. Klenner: "The ascorbic acid/kidney stone story is a myth."

How much vitamin C is an effective therapeutic dose? Dr. Klenner gave up to 300,000 milligrams (mg) per day. Generally, he gave 350 to 700 mg per kilogram body weight per day. That is a lot of Vitamin C.

But then again, look at that list of successes. Dr. Klenner emphasized that small amounts do not work. He said, "If you want results, use adequate ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)."

If you want to learn more about the therapeutic uses of vitamin C, the following books are best:
  • How To Live Longer and Feel Better, by Linus Pauling, Ph.D., (Freeman, 1986)
  • The Healing Factor: Vitamin C Against Disease, by Irwin Stone (Putnam, 1972)
  • The Vitamin C Connection, by Emanuel Cheraskin, M.D. et al (Harper and Row, 1983)
  • Clinical Guide to the Use of Vitamin C, by Lendon H. Smith, M.D. (cited above)
YOU CAN READ BOTH THE CLINICAL GUIDE and THE HEALING FACTOR FOR FREE
The complete text of Irwin Stone's book 'The Healing Factor' is now posted for free reading at http://vitamincfoundation.org/stone/

Physicians and other health professionals may wish to read papers by William J. McCormick, M.D., Linus Pauling, Ph.D, Abram Hoffer, M.D., and recent articles by Robert F. Cathcart III, M.D. The Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine is especially recommended.

Source and references:
http://www.orthomolecular.org/

Vitamin C curse diabetes? MS? Herniated discs? Radiation burns? Silly old insulin makers and physios and burns wards, what do those morons know.

Wow, n00bs, are you going to go through all the food and nutrition fads of the last 40 years in your journey?

No wonder you are dissatisfied with your course, you keep looking for miracle cures "they" wouldn't let out into the medical world for the ridiculous reason that there was no proof of the miraculous claims.

More often than not Kyle many of today's illnesses can lead back to some deficiancy in our diet.

Up to 1910 natural therapy was the main course.

Medicine has cured alot of ailments but also created just as many more, something to think about. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Vitamin C curse diabetes? MS? Herniated discs? Radiation burns? Silly old insulin makers and physios and burns wards, what do those morons know.

Wow, n00bs, are you going to go through all the food and nutrition fads of the last 40 years in your journey?

No wonder you are dissatisfied with your course, you keep looking for miracle cures "they" wouldn't let out into the medical world for the ridiculous reason that there was no proof of the miraculous claims.

This statement blatently proves your lack of knowledge on the matter, stick your head back in the sand and dont comment untl you know what you are talking about it only makes you looks like an fool. There are many great books written by M.D's

The last one i finsished reading was..

http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Doesnt-Nutritional-Medicine-Killing/dp/0785264868

51okYJ354yL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

You cant base an argument on "what you think" Kyle... Especially when you have done 0 research into the matter.

This is why society is ****ing full of sick/fat/obese retarded people. Because if something was bad for me i wouldnt be aloud to have it...

Well show some inititive and do some research...

We all know that squats deadlifts and proper diet = weight loss and a good body yet the government didnt tell me to do them... Do i rule that 5 x exercise per week =ing walking and gardening and 24 serves of bread is the best for me because this is what i was told?? No that is stupid

People who have no clue making absoulte judgements on things they know nothing about... Im sorry you didnt see this on today tonight so it wont ring true for you.

Last edited:
I take Vitamin C, horseraddish and garlic tablets. Only 1000mg of Vitamin C.

The aggressive dose is 36,000mg of Vitamin C. Wouldn't it give you the runs?

36,000? I'm reading 300,000!
I believe that doeses this high are put in via a dip, straight into the blood stream.
So i'm guessing that means it bypasses the gut, and you don't get the runs. The only noted side that I have read so far is thirst.
Even if it does give you the runs, I'd take that over the sides that chemotherapy and the likes have anyday of the week.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh and noobs. I watched those 2 movies you told me to get. "dying to have known" and "healing cancer from the inside", wow.
They really pissed me off!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh and noobs. I watched those 2 movies you told me to get. "dying to have known" and "healing cancer from the inside", wow.
They really pissed me off!
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course.. because its the truth...

Everything is depressing when you get into it and if you look to far you would never leave the house. Or at least bomb coca cola...

I never realised that homeopathy was the main medicine in america until alopathic medicine got into bed with their government and formed the AMA. So alternate medicine was the actual mainstream medicine... Allopathic medicine were the retards who blood let, treated sore throats with mercury/lead and other retarded shit.

But if you look at every country the main form of medicine was or is "alternate". Traditional Chinese medicine, ayurvedic, homeopathy, traditional indian medicine.. ect ect.. It is only allopathic medicine that has suceeded due to commercial interest..

After all you cant patent a plant... (well you can if you genetically modify it but thats another story).

And yes the high doses are IV.

People need to realise things.. What happens isnt always in our best interest.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After the World War II, the Russians also experimented with microwave ovens. From 1957 up to recently, their research has been carried out mainly at the Institute of Radio Technology at Klinsk, Byelorussia. According to US researcher William Kopp, who gathered much of the results of Russian and German research - and was apparently prosecuted for doing so (J. Nat. Sci, 1998; 1:42-3) - the following effects were observed by Russian forensic teams:[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Heating prepared meats in a microwave sufficiently for human consumption created:
* d-Nitrosodiethanolamine (a well-known cancer-causing agent)
* Destabilization of active protein biomolecular compounds
* Creation of a binding effect to radioactivity in the atmosphere
* Creation of cancer-causing agents within protein-hydrosylate compounds in milk and cereal grains;
2. Microwave emissions also caused alteration in the catabolic (breakdown) behavior of glucoside - and galactoside - elements within frozen fruits when thawed in this way;
3. Microwaves altered catabolic behavior of plant-alkaloids when raw, cooked or frozen vegetables were exposed for even very short periods;
4. Cancer-causing free radicals were formed within certain trace-mineral molecular formations in plant substances, especially in raw root vegetables;
5. Ingestion of micro-waved foods caused a higher percentage of cancerous cells in blood;
6. Due to chemical alterations within food substances, malfunctions occurred in the lymphatic system, causing degeneration of the immune system=s capacity to protect itself against cancerous growth;
7. The unstable catabolism of micro-waved foods altered their elemental food substances, leading to disorders in the digestive system;
8. Those ingesting micro-waved foods showed a statistically higher incidence of stomach and intestinal cancers, plus a general degeneration of peripheral cellular tissues with a gradual breakdown of digestive and excretory system function;
9. Microwave exposure caused significant decreases in the nutritional value of all foods studied, particularly:
* A decrease in the bioavailability of B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, essential minerals and lipotrophics
* Destruction of the nutritional value of nucleoproteins in meats
* Lowering of the metabolic activity of alkaloids, glucosides, galactosides and nitrilosides (all basic plant substances in fruits and vegetables)
* Marked acceleration of structural disintegration in all foods.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As a result microwave ovens were banned in Russia in 1976; the ban was lifted after Perestroika.[/FONT]

Is it about us being poisoned by food so we cant reach our genetic potential and needing pharmacutical industry to save us?

If so im sold lol..

Vitamin C injections slow tumor growth in mice.

NewsRx Health & Science (August 18, 2008): p.183. (732 words)
Hide details
Show details
Document Type:NewsletterBookmark: Bookmark this Document

Full Text :

COPYRIGHT 2008 NewsRX High-dose injections of vitamin C, also known as ascorbate or ascorbic acid, reduced tumor weight and growth rate by about 50 percent in mouse models of brain, ovarian, and pancreatic cancers, researchers from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) report in the August 5, 2008, issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The researchers traced ascorbate's anti-cancer effect to the formation of hydrogen peroxide in the extracellular fluid surrounding the tumors. Normal cells were unaffected.
Natural physiologic controls precisely regulate the amount of ascorbate absorbed by the body when it is taken orally. "When you eat foods containing more than 200 milligrams of vitamin C a day--for example, 2 oranges and a serving of broccoli--your body prevents blood levels of ascorbate from exceeding a narrow range," says Mark Levine, M.D., the study's lead author and chief of the Molecular and Clinical Nutrition Section of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), part of the NIH. To bypass these normal controls, NIH scientists injected ascorbate into the veins or abdominal cavities of rodents with aggressive brain, ovarian, and pancreatic tumors. By doing so, they were able to deliver high doses of ascorbate, up to 4 grams per kilogram of body weight daily. "At these high injected doses, we hoped to see drug-like activity that might be useful in cancer treatment," said Levine.
Vitamin C plays a critical role in health, and a prolonged deficiency leads to scurvy and eventually to death. Some proteins known as enzymes, which have vital biochemical functions, require the vitamin to work properly. Vitamin C may also act as an antioxidant, protecting cells from the damaging effects of free radicals. The NIH researchers, however, tested the idea that ascorbate, when injected at high doses, may have prooxidant instead of antioxidant activity. Prooxidants would generate free radicals and the formation of hydrogen peroxide, which, the scientists hypothesized, might kill tumor cells. In their laboratory experiments on 43 cancer and 5 normal cell lines, the researchers discovered that high concentrations of ascorbate had anticancer effects in 75 percent of cancer cell lines tested, while sparing normal cells. In their paper, the researchers also showed that these high ascorbate concentrations could be achieved in people.
The team then tested ascorbate injections in immune-deficient mice with rapidly spreading ovarian, pancreatic, and glioblastoma (brain) tumors. The ascorbate injections reduced tumor growth and weight by 41 to 53 percent. In 30 percent of glioblastoma controls, the cancer had spread to other organs, but the ascorbate-treated animals had no signs of disseminated cancer. "These pre-clinical data provide the first firm basis for advancing pharmacologic ascorbate in cancer treatment in humans," the researchers conclude.
Interest in vitamin C as a potential cancer therapy peaked about 30 years ago when case series data showed a possible benefit. In 1979 and 1985, however, other researchers reported no benefit for cancer patients taking high oral doses of vitamin C in two double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials.
Several observations led the NIH researchers to revisit ascorbate as a cancer therapy. "Clinical and pharmacokinetic studies conducted in the past 12 years showed that oral ascorbate levels in plasma and tissue are tightly controlled. In the case series, ascorbate was given orally and intravenously, but in the trials ascorbate was just given orally. It was not realized at the time that only injected ascorbate might deliver the concentrations needed to see an anti-tumor effect," said Levine, who noted that new clinical trials of ascorbate as a cancer treatment are in the planning stages.
Data from Levine's earlier studies of the regulation and absorption of dietary vitamin C were used in the revision of the Institute of Medicine's Recommended Dietary Allowance for the vitamin in 2000. In the current study, Levine led a team of scientists from the NIDDK and the National Cancer Institute (NCI), both components of the NIH, as well as the University of Kansas. "NIH's unique translational environment, where researchers can pursue intellectual high-risk, out-of-the-box thinking with high potential payoff, enabled us to pursue this work," he said.
Keywords: Alternative Medicine, Antioxidant, Biochemical, Diabetes, Free Radical Scavenger, Gastroenterology, Kidney Disease, Oncology, Pancreas, Pancreatic Cancer, Pancreatic Neoplasms, Therapy, Treatment, Vitamin C, Vitamins (Vitamin C), NIH/National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
This article was prepared by NewsRx Health & Science editors from staff and other reports. Copyright 2008, NewsRx Health & Science via VerticalNews.com.
Source Citation "Vitamin C injections slow tumor growth in mice." NewsRx Health & Science 18 Aug. 2008: 183. Health Reference Center Academic. Web. 9 June 2010.

n00bs...are you saying we should all stop using our microwaves? :(
If so then I may need to invest in one of those ultra ovens they have at subway...

Also, how much Vit C are you taking per day now?
Do you inject it like the good Dr did? :p

Keep up the detective work!

n00bs...are you saying we should all stop using our microwaves? :(
If so then I may need to invest in one of those ultra ovens they have at subway...

Also, how much Vit C are you taking per day now?
Do you inject it like the good Dr did? :p

Keep up the detective work!

No, no iv's for me I may look into b12 shots if i start hCG injections (hCG replaces LH to stimulate test production).. I dont like needles at all.

As for microwaves I dont think they are a good idea.. I mean we know what causes cancer. Oxidative stress i.e free radicals / ions ****ed up.. We know radiation causes this. For a government to ban them they obviously have to be not the best... We dont have one at home and the mrs is banned from using one... But we also have cell phones wifi bluetooth and we know that their rays **** up insects and cause other problems yet there are "acceptable limits" i suppose you cant get past technology unless you live in the bush but who wants to do that?

Im have cut back to about 8g a day as i have run out of tablets.. Its hard to cart powder around with you and measure it...

n00bs do you have your dose all in one go or split it up throughout the day?

Assuming you has infinite tablets how much would you take?

My dosage is different to your dosage..

A Therapeutic Level of Vitamin C Supplementation as Employed by F .R. Klenner, M.D. (from "The Significance of High Daily Intake of Ascorbic Acid in Preventive Medicine," p. 51-59, Physician's Handbook on Orthomolecular Medicine, Third Edition, Roger Williams, PhD, ed.)
A Working Summation of Dr. Klenner's Formula:
350 mg Vitamin C per kg body weight per day (350 mg./kg./day)

mg. of Vitamin "C"
Body Weight
Number of Doses
Amt. per dose
35,000 mg.
220 lbs.
17-18
2,000 mg
18,000 mg
110 lbs.
1,000 mg.
9,000 mg.
55 lbs.
500 mg.
4,500 mg.
28 lbs.
500 mg.
2,300 mg.
14-15 lbs.
250 mg.
1,200 mg.
7-8 lbs.
130 - 135 mg.

These quantities may seem high; Klenner actually used as much as four times as much, typically by injection. These are moderate oral doses. You may also give twice as many doses, with half as much "C" per dose. Injections of C may be arranged with your physician.
Vitamin C may be given as liquid, powder, tablet or chewable tablet. Infants often prefer finely powdered, naturally sweetened chewable tablets, which may be crushed between two spoons. You may make your own liquid vitamin C by daily dissolving C powder in a small (1 ounce) dropper bottle and adding a sweetener if necessary. Dr. Klenner of course recommended daily preventive doses, which might be about 1/6 of the above therapeutic amount, divided 3 times daily.
Persons with sensitivity to citrus fruits, tomatoes or cranberries may feel more comfortable taking vitamin C as ascorbate, a non-acidic vitamin C. Calcium ascorbate is most frequently chosen and sodium ascorbate the least, except for injection. Transition down to a maintenance level (about 60 mg/kg/day) should be made gradually, over a period of a week or two. A kilogram is 2.2 pounds.
YOU CAN READ DR. KLENNER'S CLINICAL GUIDE FOR FREE
Dr. Klenner's Clinical Guide to the Use of Vitamin C is now posted in its entirety at http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/198x/smith-lh-clinical_guide_1988.htm

ASCORBATE: THE SCIENCE OF VITAMIN C

"It's not what we don't know that harms us, but what we do know that ain't
so." (Mark Twain)

What is it about a little left-handed molecule of six carbons, six oxygens,
and eight hydrogens that ticks off so many in the medical community?
Maybe it's cases like this one: Ray, a health professional I know, had an
11-month old son who was very sick for over a week. No one, and I mean
no one, in their family had had any sleep in a long time. They were up
night after night with this child, who had a high fever, glazed watery eyes,
tons of thick watery mucus and labored breathing. The child would not
sleep, and did little else but cry. The baby was under the care of a
pediatrician, who, in the infant's eleven months on earth, had already
prescribed twelve rounds of some very serious antibiotics. That they
clearly were not working was all too apparent to Ray, who out of
desperation decided to try something he previously had been taught to not
try: bowel tolerance quantities of oral ascorbate. Ray and his wife gave
their baby some vitamin C about every 15 minutes. As a result, the baby
was noticeably improved in a matter of hours, and slept through the night.
With frequent doses continuing, the child was completely well in 48 hours.
Ray calculated that the baby had received just over 2,000 mg vitamin C
per kilogram body weight per day. This is even more than what Dr.
Frederick Robert Klenner customarily ordered for sick patients.
Remarkably, at 20,000 milligrams of vitamin C/day, that 20-pound baby
never had diarrhea.

With such a little body, you have to marvel at where all of it was going. Of
course, it is the opinion of those who promulgate the US RDA and related
nutritional mythology that almost all of that baby's vitamin C went uselessly
into the toilet. Ray and his wife would tell you differently. They would say
that their sick child soaked it up like a sponge, and then promptly got
better.

For the layman unable to obtain intravenous vitamin C, one of the most
important parts of Hickey and Roberts' new book, Ascorbate: The Science
of Vitamin C, is its attention to oral administration, divided dosing,
absorption, and vitamin C retention time in the bloodstream. With simple
graphs and uncomplicated language, the authors illustrate 1) how high oral
doses of vitamin C yield higher blood levels of the vitamin, and 2) how
dividing the oral doses maintains those higher levels. Although initially
seeming almost too obvious to mention, these are not self-evident
concepts. Government-based intake standards such as the RDA hinge on
ignoring them.

Hickey and Roberts zero in on this serious public health error. Their critical
analysis of research studies purporting to justify a mere 100 or 200 mg/day
ascorbate dose is worthy of Linus Pauling himself. Dr. Roberts says:
"Stressed and even mildly ill people can tolerate 1,000 times more vitamin
C, implying a change in biochemistry that was ignored in creating the
RDA. The RDA concept does not differentiate between short and long-
term effects of deprivation. The possibility that sub-clinical scurvy causes
chronic disease has enormous implications for health. In setting the RDA,
unsubstantiated risks of taking too much vitamin C have been accorded
great importance, whereas the risks of not taking enough have been
ignored. Real scientists understand that 'no scientific proof' is a fancy way
of saying 'we don’t like this idea.' Furthermore, there is no clear
mechanism for the RDA to be modified when new scientific evidence
emerges."

Ascorbate: The Science of Vitamin C is a compellingly written, fast-paced
inspection of belief-based bias that permeates the scientific method. It is
not a tirade; Hickey and Roberts simply tell it the way it is. They are well
qualified to do so. Steve Hickey has a PhD in Medical Biophysics from the
University of Manchester, and spent about ten years in research at the
Manchester Medical School and associated hospitals. Interestingly, he had
initially trained as a biologist specializing in pharmacology, later switching
to biomechanics and medical physics. In addition to degrees in physiology
and computer science, Hilary Roberts' University of Manchester PhD was
on the effects of early life malnutrition. She spent ten years in research
and teaching at the university.

When asked how he and his coauthor came to write the book, Dr. Hickey
said: "Since Linus Pauling's death, there seemed to be a great deal of
misinformation. The NIH had performed some questionable experiments
and were making the apparently ridiculous statement that blood plasma
and tissues became saturated with low doses of vitamin C. There was no
mainstream research on high doses and the establishment was making
wild extrapolations from their low dose data. We could not see how a
clinical trial with 200 mg of vitamin C, for example, could be used to
suggest that higher doses were not effective. The work of physicians like
Robert Cathcart, Archie Kalokerinos and Abram Hoffer intrigued us. The
reported effects, especially of intravenous vitamin C, were astounding. It
was difficult to find any reason to explain the lack of scientific follow-up.
We had friends and relatives that were sick or dying from diseases that
high dose vitamin C was claimed to cure. Eventually we felt we had no
choice but to write the book."

Dr. Roberts adds: "Most RDA standards are based on data which was not
measured in actual experiments on real people. Even the small amount of
data from the 19–30 year old subjects, who were measured, is based on
neutrophils, a white blood cell type that is known to have unusual vitamin
C biochemistry, along with an exceptional ability to pump the vitamin into
itself. Neutrophils have ascorbate levels from 25-60 times that of the
surrounding plasma. This cell type is not a reliable model for the whole
body."

Additional topics discussed in Ascorbate: The Science of Vitamin C
include infectious disease, oxidation and illness, the safety of vitamin C,
and a presentation of the authors' dynamic flow model of continual vitamin
C-mediated tissue reduction. The book contains substantial sections
devoted to cardiovascular disease, with the welcome inclusion of an
efficient discussion of the roles of vitamin E and lysine. Two excellent
chapters on cancer take the starch right out of the Mayo Clinic "refutations"
of the Pauling/Cameron vitamin C studies. The authors state that Dr.
Charles "Moertel's switch to oral does would clearly have biased the
results" even though Pauling "stated clearly that intravenous doses are
more effective than oral doses and explained the reasons for the
difference."

Ascorbate: The Science of Vitamin C contains 575 references, and
especially good ones. Though not alphabetized, all are keyed to the text
with numbered footnotes. For a book this important, the index could be
and should be more detailed. A glossary is included for the general reader.
All will enjoy the well-selected epigrams that form the chapter lead-in
quotes.

The authors expert command of their topic has enabled them to
successfully encompass an enormous, and enormously important, subject.
To make a 216-page book this comprehensive, and also so exceptionally
comprehensible as well, is no small achievement.

I wish I'd had a book of this caliber back in the 1970's when my kids were
infants. I raised my children all the way into college without a single dose
of any antiviral, antihistamine, or antibiotic. What they did get were
megadoses of vitamin C. We, like so many other parents, learned the
principles of vitamin C therapy (quantity, frequency, and duration) at our
kids' bedsides at three in the morning. Now, the pioneering work of
megascorbate orthomolecular physicians has been concisely summarized
and very skillfully explained in Ascorbate: The Science of Vitamin C. It is a
thorough, up to date and very readable analysis of what, to some, may still
appear to be a controversial topic.

Those who use it know that taking enough C results in three C's: patient
comfort, low cost, and parental control. Without necessitating the use of
invasive technology, nor the trauma of hospitalization, parents can regain
confidence and mastery over illness to a degree that they might never
have thought possible. For this reason, vitamin C therapy will, at least in
some quarters, continue be decried and denounced as irresponsible. It
takes some real ego strength for a parent to stand firm and say, "This is
what I am going to do: I am going to follow the Klenner/Pauling/Cathcart
vitamin C protocol." Hickey and Roberts' review of vitamin C research is a
solid buttress that makes such a stance possible. No bias or belief system
can withstand their first-rate presentation of the safety and effectiveness of
megadoses of ascorbate.

Hickey S and Roberts H. Ascorbate: The science of vitamin C. 2004. ISBN
1-4116-0724-4. Morrisville, NC: Lulu.com. www.lulu.com/ascorbate

A Working Summation of Dr. Klenner's Formula:
350 mg Vitamin C per kg body weight per day (350 mg./kg./day)
Dr. Klenner of course recommended daily preventive doses, which might be about 1/6 of the above therapeutic amount, divided 3 times daily.

Excellent, around 55mg per kg of bodyweight spread out over 3 serves.

Luckily Vitamin C tablets taste so good!